How to cook Choco Leche Flan
Choco Leche Flan Recipe is the popular Filipino caramel custard with a twist, we added chocolate to give it a different flavor from the traditional Leche Flan and we are happy with result. This is already our second Leche Flan with a different flavor, the other one is Lechetin or Leche Flan with Gelatin.
If you love Leche Flan and Chocolate then you must try this Choco Leche Flan Recipe.
Choco Leche Flan Ingredients
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
Choco Leche Flan Cooking Instructions
- Medium heat large pan or a steamer with a litre of water, you must cover it to get the maximum heat.
- Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins.
- Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melt, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when the caramel syrup turns light brown.
- To coat all sides you must tilt the mold around and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs together, pour in chocolate syrup and whisk, add condensed and evaporated milk, vanilla extract and continue to whisk until combined. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer chocolate mixture into tins to get rid lumpy bits and air bubbles.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy.
- Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done.
- Turn off the fire and transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate Choco Leche flan for about 30 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve cold
The Choco Leche Flan Recipe your kids will surely love.