How to cook Chocolate Leche Flan
Chocolate Leche Flan Recipe is the famous Filipino caramel custard with a twist, we added chocolate to give it a different flavor from the traditional Leche Flan, and we are happy with the result.
Chocolate creates more variety of flavors in your mouth, creating a symphony of taste each bite. This Choco Leche Flan is already our second Leche Flan with a different character and taste. The other one is Lechetin or Leche Flan with Gelatin.
So if you can’t decide what dessert to make for your family, or what sweet dish to give as food-to-share in your party, then this is an excellent choice since it isn’t a typical dessert a lot of people have tasted. But you can be assured, and they would absolutely love it.
If you love Leche Flan and Chocolate, then you must try this Choco Leche Flan Recipe.
Chocolate Leche Flan Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Chocolate Leche Flan Recipe
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- Medium heat large pan or a steamer with a litre of water, you must cover it to get the maximum heat.
- Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins.
- Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melt, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when the caramel syrup turns light brown.
- To coat all sides you must tilt the mold around and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs together, pour in chocolate syrup and whisk, add condensed and evaporated milk, vanilla extract and continue to whisk until combined. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer chocolate mixture into tins to get rid lumpy bits and air bubbles.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy.
- Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done.
- Turn off the fire and transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate Choco Leche flan for about 30 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve cold
Choco Leche Flan kicks up your regular leche flan to chocolatey goodness. It is made with Hershey’s chocolate syrup eggs and milk. It is so rich, creamy, and full of chocolate flavor!