Last Updated on
How to cook Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe
Icebox Cake is an American classic dessert originally consists of two ingredients such as chocolate wafers and whipped cream. Now we are having a Filipino version of this luscious dessert, which is called Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe. Like the original recipe it is also an easy to prepare dessert, but prepared in a more Filipino way by using Ube or purple yam flavor which is known to be the most favorite ingredient here in the Philippines.
Preparing Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe is such a cinch, you just have to mix and layer the ingredients and then refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Here’s how to make this delectable dessert, anyone can do this at any time of the day, your friends and family, especially the kids will absolutely enjoy this!
Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Ingredients
- 3 packs Broas(Ladyfingers)
- 3 pcs (250ml) All-purpose Cream, chilled
- 1 can Condensed Milk (387 g), chilled
- 2 tablespoon Ube extract
- Violet food color
- 1 Cheddar cheese(8oz.), diced
Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Instructions:
- Use a large bowl and pour condensed milk, chilled All-purpose-Cream, Ube extract and add a little of food coloring then mix it well to combine all the ingredients.
- Arrange at the bottom of 8×8 baking pan the Ladyfingers(Broas), make sure to completely cover it.
- Divide into 2 equal parts the Ube Cream mixture.
- Pour on top of the Broas first layer the half of Ube Cream mixture and evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the diced Cheddar cheese over the Ube mixture.
- Cover the top of the Ube cream mixture with the 2nd layer of Broas(ladyfingers).
- Pour the remaining Ube cream mixture and evenly spread the remaining cheese.
- Freeze for about 6 hours the Ube Cheese Icebox Cake or overnight.