Last Updated on July 14, 2016 by Ed Joven
Daing na Bangus Recipe, This Filipino dish is very easy to make, now that you can buy Boneless Bangus (Milkfish) in most supermarkets. Daing is a manner of preparing fish and other seafoods in the Philippines, some preparation are salted and sun-dried, but in this recipe we simply marinated the Milkfish in vinegar, salt, black pepper and plenty of garlic.
Serves 2 persons
Preparation time: 5 to 10 mins then marinate the fish overnight
Cooking time: 10 to 15 mins
Daing na Bangus Ingredients:
- 2 pcs. Boneless Bangus ( Milkfish ), Butterflied with skin-on
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves crushed garlic.
- 4 tbsps. of cooking oil
Daing na Bangus Cooking Instructions:
- Flatten Bangus with skin on top and place in baking pan (or any flat surface like baking pan)
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic on all the Bangus surface
- Now pour in vinegar, then season with pepper and salt.
- Safely cover and narinate Bangus in the refrigerator overnight to get full flavor.
- In a hot frying pan, add the 4 tbsps. of cooking oil and heat till it just starts to smoke over medium-high heat.
- Place the Bangus fillet, skinside down.
- Lower heat to medium and cook uncovered about 4 minutes each side.
- Brown the marinade garlic and place it on top of the bangus.
- Serve Daing na Bangus with rice, and atchara.