Last Updated on July 8, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe – In this recipe, we used the deep purplish-crimson-colored banana blossom or banana heart in Filipino “Puso ng Saging”. The banana heart has lots of dietary fibers, proteins, and unsaturated fatty acids; it is also rich in vitamin A, C and E, and flavonoids.
Filipino’s often use Banana heart or banana blossom as vegetables for cooking and in other Asian countries. In some provinces in the Philippines, they use it to make a salad, and it is also one of the main ingredients to the famous Kare-kare.
Sinigang is a favorite Filipino soup characterized by its sour and savory flavor most often associated with tamarind (sampalok). Try this delicious and nutritious Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging.
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe
common dish in the Philippines. It has banana blossom or Puso ng Saging as add-on vegetable, making it more nutritious and delicious.
- 1 medium sized Bangus (Milkfisabout 1/2 kilo scaled, gutted, cleaned and cut into 6 pcs
- 1 sachet Tamarind Sinigang mix
- 2 ripe tomatoes sliced
- 2 medium red onion quartered
- 1 small taro about 100 grams cut into cubes
- 1 medium radish labanos, sliced diagonally
- 200 grams fresh banana flowers bulaklak ng saging, you must remove the stick in the middle
- 1 small eggplant talong, sliced at 1/4" thick diagonally
- 2 pcs Siling Haba finger chilis
- salt to taste
- In a large pan, put the rice wash and bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and taro. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add radish and Tamarind Sinigang mix then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the banana flowers, eggplant, chilis and Bangus (milkfisthen add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and with cooked rice and fish sauce, for your dip.
Recommended Video Recipe: Creamy Tanigue Bistek Recipe
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe is rich in dietary fibers, vitamin A, C and E and flavonoids. Puso ng Saging or banana blossom is known to alleviate the pain from menstrual cramps. This is only one of the many health benefits you can get from this vegetable.
We have a lot of Sinigang Recipes in our database that you can also try, check out the list below.