Last Updated on
How to cook Puso ng Saging Sinigang na Bangus
In this recipe we used the deep purplish-crimson-coloured banana blossom or banana heart in Filipino Puso ng Saging. Banana heart have lots of dietary fibers, proteins and unsaturated fatty acids, it is also rich in vitamin A, C and E and flavonoids. It is also known to alleviate the pain from menstrual cramps, according to common natural remedy practice.
Banana heart or banana blossom is commonly used as vegetables for cooking in the Philippines and other Asian countries. Others made it into a salad and it is also added to the famous Kare kare.
Sinigang is a Filipino soup or stew characterized by its sour and savory flavor most often associated with tamarind (sampalok). We already have a lot of Sinigang Recipes in our database such as Seafood Sinigang, Shrimp Sinigang with Cabbage, Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry, Pork Sinigang, Sinigang na Baka Recipe, Sinigang na Malasugi, Sinigang na Manok or Sinampalukang Manok and more to come.
Try this delicious and nutritious Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe.
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Ingredients
- 1 medium sized Bangus (Milkfish) about 1/2 kilo, scaled, gutted, cleaned and cut into 6 pcs
- 1 sachet Tamarind Sinigang mix
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 small taro about 100 grams, cut into cubes
- 1 medium radish (labanos), sliced diagonally
- 200 grams fresh banana flowers (bulaklak ng saging), you must remove the stick in the middle
- 1 small eggplant (talong), sliced at 1/4″ thick diagonally
- 2 pcs Siling Haba (finger chilis)
- salt to taste
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Cooking Instructions
- In a large pan, put the rice wash and bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and taro. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add radish and Tamarind Sinigang mix then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the banana flowers, eggplant, chilis and Bangus (milkfish) then add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and with cooked rice and fish sauce, for your dip.
Puso ng Saging is known to alleviate the pain from menstrual cramps, according to common natural remedy practice.
Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe is rich in dietary fibers, vitamin A, C and E and flavonoids.