Last Updated on July 11, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Strawberry Sinigang na Bangus
Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry Recipe is the fruity twist to the traditional Sinigang na Bangus. This Sinigang dish is very much popular in Baguio City’s hotels and restaurants, actually I’ve seen it only in a picture that he posted on FB. I immediately message him to ask how Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry taste and he replied that it is delicious and suggest that I give it a try. The good thing is our local supermarket is now selling strawberries, I don’t have to ask my brother to send me strawberries from Baguio City.
Here is our version of Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry.
Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry Ingredients
- 1 Bangus (Milkfish) medium sized, sliced diagonally
- 250g strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 medium sized tomato, sliced into 4
- 5 pieces okra, sliced diagonally
- 1 bundle kangkong, cleaned and stalks removed
- 4 pieces long green chili (siling haba)
- 2 pcs. tamarind cubes
- salt to taste
Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry Cooking Instructions
- In a large pan boil 7 cups of water, add in onion, tomato, half portion of the strawberry and tamarind cubes and simmer for five minutes.
- Add in the Bangus and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and simmer for continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables and bangus are cooked.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add in the long green chili and the remaining half of strawberry, simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with fish sauce for added flavor.
Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry is so delicious that will make you ask for more.