Last Updated on September 30, 2020 by Ed Joven
Looking for business idea? Try this Pastimallows Mango Flavor.
Pastimallows Recipe (Mango Flavor) – Pastillas is a part of my elementary school days. During recess breaks, I go to school canteens with my classmates. We usually buy this sweetened pastillas made with sugar and Milk to satisfy our cravings for sweet food. We know that Milk is rich in calcium, vitamins, and minerals. So this dessert is excellent for kids, kids at heart, and adults. Pastillas will not only satisfy our cravings for sweets but also give us the nutrition we need.
We, Filipinos, have several Pastillas version. These are the pure Pastillas de Leche, which is purely from Milk and sugar, the Pastiyema, which is a combination of Yema and Pastillas. Then, we also have soft and hard pastillas, and this is our recipe for today the popular pang-Negosyo Pastimallows. It is an exciting kind of Pastillas version because it has a marshmallow inside and covered with only a thin wall of Pastillas.
That’s why Pastimallows is exceptional and delicious. The mallows, which is soft and sweety one, are being added on the Pastillas wherein the name comes from Pastillas and Mallows.
In the Philippines, this sweet food delicacy’s origins come from the humble city of San Miguel Bulacan. This homemade milk candy was first produced in the houses of cow milk farmers. Pastillas means its main ingredient is cow or carabao milk. And then, they roll it with sugar wherein Pastimallows is just one of its food variations.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure of Pastimallows:
I encourage you to watch the video and follow the easy steps on making this recipe.
Pastimallows Recipe Mango Flavor
- 3½ cups Skimmed Milk
- 1 300ml Mango Flavored Condensed Milk
- 2-3 tbsp. Butter, softened (optional)
Filling & Coating:
- 1 283g Large Marshmallows
- ½ cup Refined Sugar, for coating
You also Need:
- 40-42 pcs Paper Liners 1oz.
- 5 pcs. med. Clear View Pastry Container
- Combine skimmed milk or powdered milk in a large mixing bowl then add condensed milk gradually.
- Mix until your powdered milk is moistened and knead pastillas mixture until you achieve a thick dough consistency.
- Add softened butter and mix until well blended, but this is optional. The butter adds flavor and also helps pastillas dough from sticking when rolling or forming into a ball.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of pastillas mixture, roll between palms to make a ball and flatten.
- Place marshmallows in the center and carefully wrap with pastillas mixture.
- Roll each pastimallows in refined sugar and shake off excess sugar.
- In a 1oz paper liners, place Pastimallows and arrange in a plastic container.
- Pastimallows will last for a day at room temperature and will last longer for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- We pack this Pastimallows in 6 pieces, but you can add more depending on your packaging size. You can sell it at P60 to P70 per container.
- To promote your business, I suggest you create a Facebook Page, then post your products and inform your friends, neighbors, and family. You can also FB boost your products to get more exposure on Facebook.
- Another way to give you more exposure is to join the Carousell.ph and sell your products there. Here’s a tip, it is better to take orders first, before mass-producing Pastimallows. Remember, this product is made of milk and has a short shelf life, especially if not stored properly.
- 3½ cups Skimmed Milk P 80.00
1 (300ml) Mango Flavored Condensed Milk 32.50
2-3 tbsp. Butter, softened (optional) 7.50
1 (283g) Large Marshmallows 62.00
½ cup Refined Sugar, for coating 10.00
40-42 pcs Paper Liners (1oz.) 5.00
7 pcs. Clear View Pastry Container 35.00
Misc. Disposable gloves 4.00
Total Expenses : P 236.00
Total Expenses is P 236.00 our Cost per Container is P33.70. Suggested Price or SRP P60.00, we have a projected profit of (75%) P 184.00
Note: Your profit depend on your SRP (SRP 50.00-70.00)
Negosyo Recipes or Food Recipes for Business: