Last Updated on
How to make Homemade Ube Ice Cream
Ube Ice Cream Recipe – Summer is here and the weather is really hot, you need to cool down your body by drinking more water and eat something cold like these famous Filipino cold treats, such as Buko Ice Candy, Ube Cheese Icebox Cake, Mango Ice Candy, Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake, Mango Float, Frozen Brazo de Mercedes, and Fruit Cocktail Icebox Cake.
In this recipe we are going to make another Ice Cream treat, the Ube Ice Cream and you don’t need an ice cream maker to do this. Our main ingredient for this is the ever popular Ube Halaya, made from the root crop purple yam.
Ube Ice Cream can also be used as additional ingredient for your Halo HaloInutak dessert.
Ube Ice Cream Ingredients and Procedure:
Ube Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup Ube Halaya
- 2 packs (250mall purpose cream chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
- violet food color gel
- Barquillos to serve (optional)
- Measure 1 cup Ube Halaya and place it on desired container, preferably with a plastic cover.
- Add in ½ cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 packs (250mchilled nestle cream, a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ube mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and incorporated.
- Add violet food color gel little by little and mix until well blended, you can add more coloring to achieve your desired hue.
- Test the taste of your ube mixture if you wish to be a little bit sweeter just add a tablespoon of condensed milk one at a time and whisk again until well blended.
- You can do it manually with a whisk if you want, but I find it easy to use a hand mixer.
- Cover with a plastic or anything and freeze until partially set about an hour or less.
- Take off from the freezer and mix it again with the electric mixer until smooth, cover and freeze for another hour. Again, do it one more time and at this point you can add a cheese or macapuno strings if you want extra flavor and freeze for 6 hours to overnight or until it is ready to be served.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, serve it in a dessert glass with barquillos and enjoy your Ube Ice Cream.
Recommended Video: Ube Langkasuy Graham Float
Cool down this summer with Ube Ice Cream. The texture of this Ice cream dessert is pure creamy bliss, and the taste is fresh and fabulously Ube perfection. We also have other ice cream flavors on our Youtube Channel please check out Rocky Road and Double Dutch Ice cream.
Filipino Icy Desserts and Ice Cream Recipes: