Last Updated on
How to make Ube Ice Candy
Do you want to give your kiddos a summer tropical delight? Then this Ube Ice Candy Recipe is perfect to compliment the heat of summer days in the Philippines. Also, this cooler will satisfy their cravings for sweet tooth and cold foodstuff.
The Ube Ice Candy is made with Ube Halaya, all-purpose cream, sugar and milk. Its taste will just come light after mixing and preparing the ingredients to get froze. If you want something sweeter, then you just have to add more sugar and milk. On the other hand, if you want the flavor of the Ube to dominate, adding more Ube Halaya will bring out the taste that you have been looking for.
We also recommend that you try these famous Filipino cold treats, such as Ube Ice Cream, Buko Ice Candy, Ube Cheese Icebox Cake, Mango Ice Candy, Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake, Mango Sorbetes, Fruit Ice Drop, Mango Ice Drop, Avocado Sorbetes, Mango Float, Frozen Brazo de Mercedes, Fruit Cocktail Icebox Cake and Halo Halo.
Ube Ice Candy Recipe
Ube Ice Candy Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Ube Halaya
- 3 cups Fresh Milk
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Materials you need:
- A Ladle and a Funnel.
- Ice Candy Wrapper I use “Texas” a narrow plastic bag
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch into 1 cup fresh milk and stir until dissolved.
- Heat the milk mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolves.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, all purpose cream and vanilla extract if desired.
- Stir thoroughly and add Ube Halaya then mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a funnel and ladle and pour the mixture into each Ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high.
- If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher.
- Tie the top tightly and trim the plastic if desired.
- Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Serve your Ube Ice Candy anytime and enjoy!
Enjoy your Summer vacation with Ube Ice Candy Recipe