Learn how to make Mango Sorbetes
Filipino Ice Cream better known as Sorbetes is distinct from the similarly named sorbet. Sorbetes is peddled by street hawkers in the Philippines, it is usually served with small wafer or sugar cones. The original Sorbetes is made from coconut milk, unlike the commercial ice cream that are made from animal milk.
Try this delicious and creamy Mango Sorbetes Recipe, it so quick and easy to prepare everyone in the family will love this. This fresh and icy-cold healthy recipe will surely cool you off during the summer months; this can be served as a delicious dessert or an afternoon snack.
For this recipe you need mangoes that are very ripe, the ingredients are not expensive and very easy to find. Mangoes have many health benefits, like iron, potassium, copper, and dietary fiber. It also has vitamins A, C, E, and B6. It helps improve digestion and lowered cholesterol levels. Studies have shown that it helps improve memory and overall brain function.
This Mango Sorbetes Recipe will surely give your kids a hundred reasons to smile.
Mango Sorbetes Ingredients:
- 4 pcs. ripe mangoes, sliced and meat scraped
- 2 packs (250ml) nestle cream, chilled
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
Mango Sorbetes Instructions:
- To prepare the sorbetes, wash mangoes and slice discard the pits to avoid the fibers.
- Scrape the mango meat using a teaspoon or a shred peeler and place it on a desired pan, preferably with a plastic cover.
- Add in 2 packs (@250ml each pack) of chilled nestle cream, ½ cup sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the mango mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and incorporated.
- Check the taste of mango mixture if you wish to be a little bit sweeter just add in the remaining sweetened condensed milk and whisk again until well blended. You can do it manually with a whisk if you want but I find it easy to use a hand mixer.
- Cover with a plastic or anything and freeze until partially set about an hour or less.
- Take off from the freezer and mix it again with the electric mixer until smooth, cover and freeze for another hour. Again do it one more time and freeze until it is ready to be served.
- Use an ice cream scoop, serve it in a dessert glass and sprinkle with rice crispies on top and enjoy your sorbetes.