Last Updated on
How to make Milo Ice Scramble
Milo Ice Scramble Recipe – Nothing feels as good as eating a frozen snack that reminds you of your childhood. Even if years pass, there are basic and staple dessert snacks here in the Philippines that never grows old. Both young and old will appreciate them. An example of it is Ice Scramble.
Ice Scramble is cold dessert snack that was derived from the dessert in the U.S. which is shaved ice. But the flavors we incorporated for our ice scramble is more rooted down to the flavors enjoyed by Filipinos, and the one we will be doing today adds even more familiar flavors.
The recipe we will be teaching you is Milo Ice Scramble. It is the ice scramble we commonly know of, but it comes with an extra dash of Milo. With only a few steps to keep in mind, you can make this recipe in no time. But, before we get into the recipe, we want you to understand that we are introducing this dessert not only because it is delicious, but also because of the health benefits it provides.
The Milo ingredient alone contains tons of benefits. First, it has high levels of calcium—helping it make our bones stronger. Milo is known to contain Vitamin A which improves the eye sight. And lastly, it also has Vitamin B1 and B2. These vitamins are known as vitamins that helps provide energy for the body.
Make a playful and easy-to-make snack that everyone of all ages will love by learning the recipe below.
Milo Ice Scramble Ingredients and Procedure:
Milo Ice Scramble Recipe
Ice Scramble Base:
- 4 cups shaved ice
- 1 cup skim powdered milk
- ½ cup milo powder
- 2 tbsp wash sugar
- ¼ cup skim powdered milk
- ¼ cup mini-marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. colored sprinkles optional
- 6 pcs. wafer sticks halves (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
You also Need:
- 6 pcs. 6oz. plastic cups
- 6 pcs. mini-plastic spoons
- First, prepare crushed or shaved ice at least 1 cup more as needed. Crushed ice melts easily make sure to keep it in the freezer until needed. A perfect vessel in mixing and storing Ice Scramble is an Ice Bucket but if you don’t have one any large bowl will do.
- In a mixing bowl with crushed/shaved ice, add skim milk and mix lightly but quickly as possible. Add milo powder, wash sugar and mix until well blended.
- Ladle Milo Ice Scramble into a plastic cup about 2/3’s full, top with powdered milk, koko krunch, mini-marshmallows, sprinkles, wafer sticks and drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve immediately with a spoon.
Milo Ice Scramble Recipe is the chocolatey version of the famous Filipino streetfood Iskrambol. An easy-to-make icy snack that everyone of all ages will love.