Table of Contents
Last Updated on November 22, 2020 by Ed Joven
Learn the Health Benefits of Mango
Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango Fruit – Mangoes could be distinguished as the king of all fruits. Actually this is the Philippines’ national fruit. With its refreshing and sweet taste, you can gain more from what you eat with mangoes. Why? Because it could help fight cancer, aid weight loss, regulate diabetes, clean your skin, alkalize the body, help your body in the process of digestion, and make the perfect snack.
Nutritional chart for mango:
One cup of mangoes which is 225 grams contains the following nutrients :
- 105 calories
- 76% vitamin C which helps as antioxidant and boosts immunity
- 25% vitamin A which is also an antioxidant and improves vision
- 11% vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins which can improve hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention
- 9% healthy probiotic fibre
- 9% copper wherein it is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells
- 7% potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4% magnesium
Here are the list of some healthy reasons why you should eat mango every day:
1] Mangoes help fight cancer.
2] Mangoes are Rich in Iron.
Mango, being rich in iron, is a great natural solution for people suffering from anemia. Menopausal and pregnant women can eat mangoes as this will increase their iron levels and calcium.
3] Mangoes reduce kidney stones.
Mangoes taste sweet and sour and it has also a cooling energy effet wherein it is capable of reducing the risk of kidney stone formation according to Chinese medicine.
4] Keep cholesterol level in check.
Mango has a high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibers that helps lower serum cholesterol levels. Fresh mango is rich in potassium, which is an important component of the cell and body fluids. This helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
5] Beneficial for Good Digestion.
Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango is rich in vitamins. With it’s high in pre-biotic dietary fibre and minerals that will help in digestion.
6] Mangoes alkalize the body.
Mango is high in malic acid. It is also rich in tartaric acid and traces of citric acid that mainly helps in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
7] Mangoes strengthen your immune system.
The combination of vitamin C, A and 25 different types of carotenoids helps keep your immune system healthy.
8] Mangoes could help in weight loss.
Mango boosts the digestive function of your body by burning extra calories that helps in weight loss.
9] Mangoes help prevent heat stroke.
Is summer too hot? Just chop a mango in a juicer; add a little water and a tablespoon of sugar or honey. This juice will immediately cool you down. It will also help prevent the occurrence heat stroke.
10] Mangoes aid concentration and memory.
Memorizing for your play? Studying for examinations and quizzes? Or you have children who find it difficult to concentrate on studies? This fruit is full of glutamine acid which is an important protein for concentration and memory.
- The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. Nutrients. 2017 Aug 12;9(8). pii: E866. doi: 10.3390/nu9080866.
- Polyphenols as Modulator of Oxidative Stress in Cancer Disease: New Therapeutic Strategies. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:6475624. doi: 10.1155/2016/6475624. Epub 2015 Nov 16
- Anticarcinogenic effects of polyphenolics from mango (Mangifera indica) varieties. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Apr 14;58(7):4104-12. doi: 10.1021/jf903161g.
- Endogenous retinoids in the hair follicle and sebaceous gland. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Jan;1821(1):222-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bbalip.2011.08.017. Epub 2011 Sep 3.
- Fruits and vegetables that are sources for lutein and zeaxanthin: the macular pigment in human eyes. Br J Ophthalmol. 1998 Aug;82(8):907-10.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin-Food Sources, Bioavailability and Dietary Variety in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Protection. Nutrients. 2017 Feb 9;9(2). pii: E120. doi: 10.3390/nu9020120.
- Mango starch degradation. II. The binding of alpha-amylase and beta-amylase to the starch granule. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Aug 27;56(16):7416-21. doi: 10.1021/jf800469w. Epub 2008 Jul 26.
- Polyphenol-rich Mango (Mangifera indica L.) Ameliorate Functional Constipation Symptoms in Humans beyond Equivalent Amount of Fiber. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2018 Jun;62(12):e1701034. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201701034. Epub 2018 May 29.
Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds. According to new research study, mango fruit has been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. Several trial studies suggest that polyphenolic anti-oxidant compounds in mango are known to offer protection against breast and colon cancers.
Now that you’ve learn the Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango Fruit it’s time to include this nutritious fruit into your daily intake.
Below are collection of Mango Fruit Recipes:
Health Benefits of other Fruits and Vegetables:
- Top 6 Health Benefits of Batuan / Batwan Fruit
- Guava Fruit Health Benefits
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli
- Guyabano Fruit Health Benefits
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Ampalaya or Bitter Gourd
- Carrots Health Benefits
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Mangosteen Fruit
- Kangkong Health Benefits
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Cucumber or Pipino
- Cayenne Pepper Health Benefits