Last Updated on July 4, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to make Mango Sago’t Gulaman
Mango Sago’t Gulaman Recipe – Hands down this has got to be the simplest, easiest, undeniably the fastest dessert you can do. You can even ask your nephews, nieces, or kids to do this with you. A dessert that anyone that appreciates Filipino dishes would love, Mango Sago just might be your favorite everyday dessert snack.
Mango is a staple fruit in the hearts and tummy of every Filipino, the same goes for Sago, or also known as Tapioca in other countries. Mango can give you numerous health benefits like it can improve your immune system, promotes healthy eye and heart health. It can also benefit our skin by giving it that beautiful glow.
The different textures by the two main ingredients plus their individual flavors, along with the flavors of other side complimentary ingredients such as coconut cream, condensed milk and mango juice, creates a dish that has explosive flavors.
This is a dessert you can make and eat almost every day, without getting tired of it. Doesn’t matter if you’re a Filipino or a foreigner, you will surely love this Mango Sago’t Gulaman salad drink!
Mango Sago’t Gulaman Ingredients and Procedure:
Mango Sago’t Gulaman Recipe
- 3 med. sweet & ripe mangoes cubes
- 2½ cups sago cooked
- 3 cups yellow gulaman cooked
- 1 (370malaska crema-asada chilled
- 1 (370mevaporated milk
- 1 (300mcondensed milk
- 1 cup mango juice optional
- Whipped cream optional
- 1 med. sweet & ripe mango diced
You Also Need:
- 12 pcs. 12oz. plastic cups
- Let’s prepare our condiments: First, you need to cook your sago, we need a half cup of big raw sago and cook in 1 liter of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, rinse several times, soak in water and keep chill for at least 8 hrs. Reboil for 15 minutes, and leave sago covered for another 30 minutes. Rinse and soak in water, and it’s ready to use.
- And for the gulaman, we’re going to cook a firm gulaman but if you prefer a softer gulaman adjust and add more water needed. But for this recipe, we need 1 (25sachet unflavored yellow gulaman, 3½ cups of water and 1/3 cup of sugar. Combine in pot and stir until gulaman powder and sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil, while stirring continuously and pour it in any container and let it cool down. Chill and cut into cubes and set aside.
- Let’s prepare our Mangoes: Wash, slice three medium mangoes into cubes and one mango cut into dice for toppings, and set aside. Don’t throw mango seeds, scrape the meat and puree, add water, 2 tbsp. of sugar and stir. (We need at least 2 cups of mango juice, but this is optional)
- Let’s make our Mango Sagot Gulaman: In a large bowl, pour in chilled Crema-Asada, evaporated and sweetened condensed milk and stir until well blended. Add in, cooked gulaman, sago and mango cubes and mix well. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Let’s prepare our Whipped Cream: In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup frosty whip cream powder and ¾ cup cold mango juice. Let the powder soak for a sec., and whip on medium until frothy, then whip on high until double in volume and soft peaks form.
- Let’s Assemble our Mango Sagot Gulaman: In a tall glass or plastic cups, fill cups at least 2/3’s full of mango sago’t gulaman, add whipped cream on top and diced mangoes. Serve and Enjoy!
Mango Sago’t Gulaman is an easy to make nutritious drink your family will surely love and enjoy. The great thing about this dessert is that it involves very easy ingredients to find and it only entails a few steps to create.
Visit Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango to know more about Mango fruit’s nutritious benefits.