Last Updated on February 13, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Heart Shaped Mocha Cake for Valentine’s Day
Love month is waving! What are you getting for this Valentine’s Day for your loved ones, or should I say “special someone?” If you’re asking me what’s the best way to your special someone’s heart, I will stick to the traditional answer – stomach! So today, I will be teaching you a not-so-ordinary cake recipe, a Heart Shaped Mocha Cake. As you would notice, many online tutorials teach how to make cakes, but most of them are in flavors of chocolate. So this time, I will do a typical cake flavor with a twist.
I love celebrating special occasions with cakes, not just because it’s sweet, but for me, it is a shareable food for all. Everyone loves it!
Not all people know how a mocha cake is made. Well, this unique cake flavor is a mixture of coffee and chocolate. So if your special someone or a loved one loves coffee and chocolate at the same time, these flavors can make a Heart Shaped Mocha Cake.
Ready for a chocolate coffee mixture transformed into a soft and tasty dessert? Before I proceed to the ingredients, I will first hint at how traditional mocha cakes are being made. Like any other cake, the bread is made with flour, egg, and a touch of coffee.
This Heart Shaped Mocha Cake will win your heart if you’re a coffee and chocolate lover. So what are you waiting for? It’s baking time!
Here are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
Ingredients and Procedure of Heart Shaped Mocha Cake :
Heart Shaped Mocha Cake Recipe for Valentine's Day
- 1 box 200g Maya Party Cupcake Mix
- 1 sachet 27g Nescafe Creamy Latte
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 medium Egg at room temperature
- ½ cup Frosty Whip Cream Powder
- 1/4 cup chilled Nescafe Creamy Latte 1 sachet Nescafe Creamy Latte dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water & chilled.
- 1-2 tbsp. Dark Chocolate Bits
- 5 pcs. mini-chocolate homemade or store bought (optional)
- 2 tbsp. caramel syrup optional
You Also Need:
- 1 6-inch cake board
- 1 box 5.5×5.5×4 PreFormed White Box (optional for business idea only)
Let’s prepare our Mocha Cake:
- Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom deep pan or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Just add enough salt or sand to cover the entire bottom of your pan to help stabilize the heat evenly (this is needed if you’re using a heavy bottom pan).
- Place a fitted wire rack in the center and cover it with a lid. You should seal the lid hole with foil so the heat can’t escape.
- Line a 7x7x2 square pan with parchment paper or a 6×2 round pan.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth, at least 25 strokes or less, do not over-mix according to package direction.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and lightly bang it on the table several times to eliminate air bubbles.
- Cook the cake in a preheated casserole for about 23-25 minutes, and the cooking time varies depending on your baking pan.
- Keep an eye on your cake because we may have different kinds of stoves, and the heat varies.
- To check, insert a wooden stick in the center, and if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, it’s done.
- Fire off, let it cool completely on a wire rack, and chill at least an hour before frosting.
Let’s prepare our Whipped Cream Frosting:
- I’m using ½ cup of Frosty Whip Cream Powder, and to that, we will add ¼ cup of cold, creamy latte Coffee. (1 sachet of Nescafe Creamy Latte dissolved in 1 cup of Hot water and chilled.)
- All we need is to Moisten the cream powder first before whipping.
- When it’s thoroughly whipped and aerated, it’s done and ready to use.
Let’s Assemble & Frost our Cake:
- Since we’re going to make another Valentine’s Day Cake, we want a heart-shaped cake. So, I’m going to use my heart-shaped cutter.
- Cut the cake with the knife to make two pieces, and trim the top of your cake to level.
- In a cake board, put a little whipped cream in the center. This will help your cake stay in place.
- Arrange the cake in the center of your cake board and mousse ring.
- Put ¼ of whipped cream and top with the remaining cake. Adjust the mousse ring if needed.
- Add another ¼ part of the whipped cream frosting on the top and spread it evenly.
- Take off the mouse ring and chill your cake for at least 30 minutes.
- Frost the sides of your cake and pipe some swirls on top.
- Decorate with mini-chocolates, and refrigerate.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Our Heart-Shaped Mocha Cake Recipe is a delicious combination of chocolate and coffee flavors, making it a unique twist on a traditional chocolate cake.
The moist and fluffy texture of the cake, paired with the rich and decadent mocha icing, will make this recipe a hit with any coffee lover. So whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day or simply looking for a special dessert to enjoy with your loved ones, this Heart Shaped Mocha Cake is sure to delight.
I also create the mocha chocolate toppings for this cake using one (35g) Goya White Chocolate bar and 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder. To melt it, I put it in a microwave for 30 seconds, then stirred the chocolate until it thoroughly melts.
Pour the mixture into the mold and allow it to harden. Additionally, you can use any store-bought chocolates.
There you have it! This Heart Shaped Mocha Cake is an excellent Valentine’s Day cake that looks elegant and delicious and would make the ideal gift for family and friends.
Recipes for Valentine’s Day:
- Chocolate Coated Fudgee Barr Cake Balls for Valentine’s
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Hearts Recipe
- Homemade Pepero Recipe for Valentines Day
- Easy Strawberry Cake for Valentines
- Heart Shaped Chocolates Recipe for Valentines
- Valentine’s Day Food Business Recipes