Last Updated on
How to cook Victorias Chorizo Patties
Chorizo is originally from Spain and a highly flavored sausage that’s been adapted and very popular in the Philippines. The chefs at Bacolod Academy for Culinary Arts (BACA) developed a dish from Victorias Chorizo, the Victorias Chorizo Patties Recipe with Mango Chutney.
I absolutely loved this recipe, it is really flavorful and easy to prepare. You can cook this for a wake me up breakfast meal, or make them a burger sandwich.
Victorias Chorizo Patties Ingredients:
- 1 250g Victorias Foods Chorizo
- 2 pcs eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 50g minced red onions
- 15g all purpose flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 pc. ripe Mango cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pc apple cut into small cubes
- 50g red onion, finely chopped
- 50g red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 35g sugar
- 1g dried chili flakes
- 178g shredded cabbage
- 64g carrots, thinly sliced
- 64g celery, thinly sliced
- 14g raisins
- 50g mayonnaise
Victorias Chorizo Patties Cooking Instructions:
- Mince or finely chop the chorizo without the skin.
- Add minced garlic, chives, and red onions into the mix. Blend well.
- Season with minimal salt, paprika and white peppers.
- Add I egg and the 15g flour for binding into the mixture and combine.
- Shape the meat dough into patties and drenge in flour then dip on beaten egg and lastly on the breadcrumbs.
- Pan-fry golden brown on all sides. Remove patties and set aside. Place on paper towels to dry.
- Prepare coleslaw, combine the vegetables (cabbage, carrots, celery and raisins).
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside or place in refrigerator to cool.
- Prepare mango chutney. Saute red onions into a saucepan.
- Add the cubed apples and saute well until soft.
- Add the red bell peppers into the apples and combine well.
- Add the mangoes and saute carefully as to not mash the mangoes.
- Add the sugar and vinegar, lemon juice and let it simmer for a few seconds to melt the sugar.
- Add the spices (salt, pepper, nutmeg, chili flakes and cinnamon) into the chutney. Stir evenly then set aside to cool.
- Plate your chorizo patties, coleslaw and mango chutney together.
- Serve immediately.
Victorias Chorizo Patties Recipe with Mango Chutney is very flavorful and easy to make.