Last Updated on
How to make Mango Float Supreme in a cup
Mango Float Supreme in a cup Recipe – A lot of the Filipino dishes we know of today is somewhat a variant or an adaptation of a foreign dish that we all like, and eventually created our own Filipino version of it. An example of a famous dessert dish created almost on all occasions is the Mango Float.
Did you know that Mango Float is our version of an icebox cake? The icebox cake became famous during the 1920s. When we learned about it, we followed the steps but used more native ingredients. This delicious dessert is what I will be teaching you all to make. But first, other than the taste, why should you love mango float?
Just because it’s a dessert, doesn’t mean it has no nutritional benefits. In fact, mango float uses ingredients that can provide various sorts of health benefits. Mangoes are its main ingredients. Mango can give you numerous health benefits like it can improve your immune system, promotes healthy eye and heart health. It can also benefit our skin by giving it that beautiful glow. Another ingredient for this dessert is all-purpose cream. The cream contains a lot of calcium which promotes bone growth and health. It also has vitamin A that helps in the formation of white blood cells.
The recipe of this Mango Float Supreme is easy but the one I am about to teach you is the easiest version of it, plus it is handy cause it’s in a cup. All you have to do is mix the ingredients, layer, and chill.
Mango Float Supreme in a cup Ingredients and Procedure:
Mango Float Supreme in a Cup
- 4 med. sweet ripe mangoes (3pcs. cut into cubes and 1pc puree)
- ½ cup mango puree
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup honey graham crushed
- 250 ml all-purpose cream chilled overnight
You Also Need:
- 4 pieces 12oz. plastic cups
- Let’s prepare our Mangoes: First, we need to wash, cut mangoes in halves reserving the seeds. Slice 6-7 mango halves into cubes and set aside. Scrape off any mango from the seeds and puree. Just use your regular blender, pulse until smooth and transfer in a measuring cup. You need at least ½ cup of mango puree in this recipe.
- Add ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk into your mango puree and mix well. Taste test, add and adjust according to your taste. Set aside. In a small bowl, prepare at least a cup of crushed graham and set aside.
- In a well-chilled bowl and beater, pour your chilled all-purpose cream and whip until double in volume. Add 3-4 scoops of ice cream and whip again, just until well blended. Pour in half part of your mango-condensed mixture into the cream and whip until incorporated. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and freeze until needed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, pour the remaining mango-condensed mixture and bring to a soft boil over low heat. Stir continuously until the mixture thickens, and coats the back of your spoon. Fire off, let it cool at room temperature before using.
- Now that our mango syrup is entirely cool take out your mango soft ice cream. Whip for 15 seconds, to soften the ice cream. Transfer in a piping bag with a nozzle tip of your choice. Or if you want it fast and easy, use an ice cream scoop.
- Let’s assemble our Mango Float Supreme. We need four clear plastic cups, preferably 12oz. First, drizzle about a tablespoon of mango syrup around the sides of your cups and dust it with a little amount of crushed graham and swirl the cup.
- 1st layer: Put a tablespoon of mango cubes at the bottom, top with ¼ cup of mango soft serve ice cream. 2nd layer: Top with mango cubes, a tablespoon of crushed graham and a drizzle of mango syrup.
- 3rd layer: Put another ¼ cup of mango soft serve ice cream top with mango cubes, crushed graham and drizzle a generous amount of mango syrup. Repeat process until done with four plastic cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and it’s ready to serve and enjoy.
Mango Float Supreme in a cup is a nutritious drink ideal for your family. I’m sure they will love this healthy dessert, because of the delicious Mango fruit.
Other Buko Pandan and Buko Recipes: