Last Updated on April 7, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to make Mango Float Ice Cream
Craving for something cold and sweet this summer season? Try this latest twist from the famous Mango Float. The newest addition to the Filipino Ice Cream collection, Mango Float Ice Cream. I’m sure you will not resist this delectable, creamy and very refreshing ice cream.
In different parts of the world, a different variant of an icebox cake can be seen. Every country has its own style to it. Here in the Philippines, our version of an icebox cake is a graham float, to put it more specifically the classic Mango Float.
Mango float is the dessert that has become a staple at almost any household during special occasions like birthdays, reunions, and family gatherings. The Philippines is, if not the best, one of the best places to get mangoes. But other than just, being a dessert for special occasions, because it is a cold dessert, many Filipinos have started to make this dessert because it is refreshing to eat, most especially during hot days.
Health Benefits of Mango:
This delicious dessert is not only famous because of its impeccable taste, but also because of the nutritional benefits it has. Yes, even desserts can have excellent benefits. As for the mango float, we can focus on discussing the interests of the main ingredient which is mangoes.
Mangoes are desserts that have numerous nutritional benefits. People who intake mangoes will have a healthy gut because it promotes proper digestion. Mangoes are also known to be useful in improving one’s immune system. It also helps in maintaining good heart health by lowering cholesterol and sugar levels. But one of the main reasons why many really enjoy eating this is because of how well it takes care of our skin. It helps the skin clear up. You will start to see a certain glow to your skin too when you regularly eat this. Plus, if you want to lose weight, this is an excellent fruit to eat to make you feel full. To know more about the Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango visit this link.
If you are feeling like you need some sweet to satisfy your craving or you just want to eat something refreshing, mango float ice cream is your choice. The process is basically just chopping, combining and placing them all in one container, then freeze. And that is it. That is how simple it is to make this.
Ingredients and Procedure how to make Mango Float Ice Cream:
Mango Float Ice Cream
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 box 250ml All-Purpose Cream, chilled overnight
- 1 can 370ml Alaska Crema-Asada, chilled overnight
- 1-2 drops Yellow Food Color Gel (optional)
- 1 large Sweet ripe Mango slice or cube
- 3 pieces Graham Crackers roughly crushed
You Also Need:
- 2 6x2 new or used Tin Cans (you can also use individual plastic cups with a lid)
Prepare the Toppings:
- Roughly crushed 3 graham crackers and set aside.
- Wash mangoes and cut in cubes, slice or you can scoop it thinly if you want.
How to make the Ice Cream Base:
- In a mixing bowl, whip chilled All-Purpose Cream and Alaska Crema-Asada with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes a thick syrup.
- Add ¾ part of your graham crackers and mango slices and mix until well combines.
- Add 1 to 2 drops of yellow food color gel, if needed, but this is optional and whip until fully combined.
- You can also add 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract if desired.
Assemble the Mango Float Ice Cream:
- In a tin can, pour and divide ice cream mixture into 2, and top it with the remaining graham cracker and mango slices.
- Cover tin can with a lid, freeze overnight or until frozen.
Tips: Mangoes are sweet and best when in season, it’s cheaper and you can find and buy it anywhere.
Try this new addition to the Filipino Ice Cream collection, the Mango Float Ice Cream. This ice cream tastes so good, creamy, very refreshing and with lots of nutritional benefits.