How to cook Beef Tapa
Tapa is dried or cured beef, mutton or venison, although other meat or even fish may be used. Filipinos prepare thin slices of meat and cure it with salt and spices as a method of preserving it. Tapa is best fried or grilled, often served with rice, fried egg and achara (pickled papaya strips).
Filipino Beef Tapa Recipe (Cured Beef), usually served in carinderias and fast foods chains. Combined Beef Tapa, with sinangag (fried rice), and itlog (egg), is called Tap-Si-Log.
This version of Beef Tapa is good for home consumption ideally lunch boxes not for commercial purpose since we did not use any preservatives.
Learn to cook Beef Tapa from our video:
Filipino Beef Tapa Ingredients, Preparations and Cooking Instructions:
Beef Tapa Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Clear plastic bag we recommend Ziploc
- Combine in a container the following ingredients; soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar and mix well then set aside.
- After mixing all the ingredients place the Beef in the clear plastic bag or Ziploc
- Pour the mixed seasonings in the Ziploc with meat and mix well.
- Refrigerate the marinade for a minimum of 12 hours
How to Cook the Beef Tapa:
- In a pan, place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Add the marinated beef tapa and cook until the water evaporates.
- When all the water evaporated add 3 tbsp of cooking oil in the pan then fry the Tapa until done.
- Serve with rice topped with fried egg and sliced tomatoes.
Yummy Beef Tapa with Fried Egg and Tomato slices.
Published on: Oct 9, 2011
Updated on: July 20, 2016