Last Updated on September 15, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Salted Egg Shrimp
Are you looking for a new twist to serve your favorite shrimp dish? The Salted Egg Shrimp Recipe is not your typical seafood delicacy. The salted egg creates a creamy texture, making the shrimps more savory and rich in tangy flavors. It’s an explosion of tasty and sweet gastronomic treats that will impress even the most meticulous taster.
Salted egg is nothing new in Filipino cuisine, but it’s currently trending in the Asian culinary industry. As a matter of fact, it’s one of the favorite stars of the kitchen for its flavorful tang that is unique and addictive. Not to mention, seafood is the go-to viand for most occasions in and out of the Philippines. So, how do you use salted egg in your preferred shrimp dish?
The prep time for salted egg shrimp is quick and easy. All you need are salted eggs, shrimps, cornstarch, oil, butter, garlic, milk, and chili if you want it spicy. It’s important to choose fresh shrimps or prawns to achieve more zesty flavor. It would be best if you also kept the Shrimp head so that you will not lose the savor of the shrimps.
So, are you ready to cook your Salted Egg Shrimp?
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure of Salted Egg Shrimp:
Salted Egg Shrimp Recipe
- 3 pcs Salted Eggs
- 300 grams Shrimp
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chili, sliced
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- scallions and chili for garnish
~ How to Prepare ~
- Separate salted egg yolks & discard egg whites
- Mash well and set aside
- Clean shrimp, devein and remove shells.
- Mix shrimp with corn starch and egg white (optional)
~ Let's Cook ~
- Heat the oil over medium heat
- Fry shrimps (large prawns are good for this recipe)
- Drain oil on paper towel and set aside
- Heat oil and melt butter in a pan over low heat
- Saute garlic
- Add chili and salted egg yolk
- Add milk gradually and stir well until smooth
- Add butter
- Add shrimps in the sauce and mix
- Make sure to coat all the shrimps
- Garnish with scallions and chillies
- Perfect ulam! Serve it with steamed rice!
Whether you’re planning a simple dinner for the family or a menu for your kid’s graduation party, this Salted Egg Shrimp Recipe is a must-try.
Imagine the fresh twist of salted egg in your typical shrimp dish. Your guests will surely love the unique flavor of your seafood viand, especially when you make it a little spicier. The flavors will explode in your taste buds like fireworks.