Last Updated on
How to cook Ube Chiffon Cake
Ube Chiffon cake is a great treat for everyone and is best served after or in between meals. With this, your family will love it and you can just have it every day.
Unlike any other cake, the Ube Chiffon cake recipe uses a special type of baking pan. With this, a circular shape that has a cylindrical tube in the center of the pan is used. In addition, the tube in the center is of major importance because it is responsible in cooking the middle part of the cake.
Although the cake is light in texture, it still has a rich flavor. If you love this delight, then bake one since it is just so easy. More so, if you are creative enough, you can add fancy embellishments to the cake and make it even yummier to look at. With this, a lot of people will love you for it.
Ube Chiffon Cake by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Ube Chiffon Cake
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2/3 cup sugar divided (1/2c + 1/8c)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh milk
- 1 tbsp. clear ube extract
- violet food coloring adjust color as desired
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease and flour the bottom of one (8×3-inch) round pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake flour with a half cup of sugar, baking powder and salt, then sift together and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In this recipe we need to use fresh eggs as possible. Separate egg yolks from the whites and set aside. Add egg yolks, oil, milk, ube extract and violet food coloring, then mix thoroughly until batter becomes smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites with the remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold the whites into the batter mixture in three additions.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan, if you want your cake a bit tall use 8×3-inch round pan and if you prefer a wider cake use a 9×2-inch round pan. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean. Fire off, let your cake cool down on a wire rack for a couple minutes and invert the pan to cool completely.