How to cook Inihaw na Bangus or Grilled stuffed milkfish
Inihaw na bangus recipe is one of the most popular Filipino dish for every occasion or Pulutan for those who loves to drink beer with friends.
One of the best ways of cooking fresh Bangus is grilling with onion, tomato, ginger and bagoong alamang stuffing wrapped in aluminum foil. The aluminum foil traps all the juices from the fish and the stuffing’s which then steam infused all the flavors of the fish. If aluminum foil is not available, here’s another method. Sew the edge of fish with #20 sewing thread to bind all the ingredients inside then fish then grill it in low charcoal heat. The fish is moderately charred outside but really moist inside.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Inihaw na Bangus Ingredients:
- [singlepic=224,240,180,watermark,right]1 pc. about Kilo, large sized Bangus or Milkfish
- 2 pcs. medium tomato, chopped
- 1 pc. medium onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1/4 head garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
- 2 pc. green sili
- salt and pepper
For Soy Dip:
- 3-4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 4 pieces Calamansi (lime)
- 1 to 2 pcs Siling Labuyo (Chili) (optional)
Inihaw na Bangus Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the Bangus or Milkfish, must keep the scales intact.
- Slice the back of the milkfish and remove innards leaving the stomach fats.
- Season the skin and cavities with salt and pepper then set aside.
- To prepare stuffing, in a bowl toss onion, ginger, tomato and bagoong alamang.
- Stuff milkfish cavity with the mixture and stuff the green sili at the middle of cavity.
- Wrap milkfish with aluminium foil.
- Grill over charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes on each side.
- Serve Hot with Soy Dip.