Last Updated on July 11, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Bangus Belly Bistek
Bangus Belly Bistek Recipe also know as Bangus Fishtek Tagalog is another delicious way of cooking Bangus or Milkfish belly. When you cook this recipe I suggest that you get the boneless bangus to avoid picking the small fish bones while you are eating.
Cooking Bangus Belly Bistek Tagalog style, the fish has to be marinated first then fried before adding to the Bistek sauce. Here’s a tip to avoid damaging the belly fats, you have to fry the Bangus with the skin positioned at the bottom and then carefully flip over and just quickly fry the fatty side. Frying Bangus will surely makes a lot of oil splash, to guard yourself from the hot oil splashes we recommend that you buy an oil splatter guard.
Try this delicious Bangus Belly Bistek Recipe, a truly Filipino dish.
Bangus Belly Bistek Ingredients
- 1 kilo Boneless Milkfish Belly
- 1/8 cup Canola cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pcs large white onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 10 pcs. calamansi
- 1 tsp whole black pepper
- 2 pcs green Chili for garnish
Bangus Belly Bistek Cooking Instructions
Marinate the Bangus
- Cut the bangus into you desired size then separate.
- Cut all the calamansi in half and squeeze the juice out of it, use a strainer to separate the seed then throw it away.
- In a large bowl add half of the calamansi juice and half of the soy sauce then the black pepper.
- Mix well then add the bangus belly and marinate for at least an hour (overnight is best).
Cooking the Bangus Belly Bistek
- In a pan, saute the garlic in oil, then add the onions.
- In another pan, fry the boneless bangus. Take off from the pan when done and place on your serving plate.
- In the same pan you sauteed the garlic and onion, pour in all of the marinade.
- Add in half of the cooked onions then add the fried bangus and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with green chili and top with the other half of the onions and toasted garlic.
- Enjoy it with garlic rice.
Try this Pinoy dish Bangus Belly Bistek we guarantee that you will love it