Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by Ed Joven
How to cook Cheesy Palitaw Balls
Filipinos enjoy the soft, chewy delicacy known as Palitaw. Are you tired of the similar little flat white rice cake that you usually see on the table on special occasions? By adding some colors, fillings, and a unique twist, we’ll make your Palitaw stand out! Making the Palitaw more savory and appetizing to eat is easy with this recipe for Cheesy Palitaw Balls!
Small, flat, sweet rice cakes called Palitaw are a Pangasinan specialty. The Tagalog root word “litaw,” which means “to float,” is where the name “Palitaw” originated. Due to the preparation method, this sweet flat rice cake has a unique name. The delicious dough is cooked until it floats in water. Amazing, isn’t it? The rice used to make the traditional Palitaw is soaked for an entire night and pounded into a fine powder. This sticky rice will be used to make the Palitaw dough.
Palitaw can be eaten as a dessert following a light meal or as an afternoon snack. The most excellent choice for individuals who wish to enjoy kakanin but have gluten allergies is Palitaw, which is more enjoyable because it is gluten-free.
A few people have tried creating Palitaws packed with nuts, fruits, sugar, and sesame seeds mixed into the dough before boiling. I tried this, but I guess adding additional ingredients to the dough could make it crumble cooking. This is why I came up with the concept for this brand-new, creative Palitaw recipe.
This recipe for Cheesy Palitaw Balls uses cheese fillings and palitaw dough with ube flavor.
Ingredients and Procedure Cheesy Palitaw Balls :
Cheesy Palitaw Balls Recipe
- 3 cups Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1¼ cups Water add 1-2 tbsp if needed
- 1 tsp Ube Extract add food color if you want
- 2 liters Water for boiling
- 100 grams Cheese cubes for filling
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
~ How to Prepare ~
- In a large bowl add Glutinous Rice Flour
- Pour 1 ¼ cups water
- Mix and add a little water if needed
- Knead until it becomes soft dough
- Divide dough in 2 parts
- Add 1 tsp. Ube Extract
- Knead again until well blended
~ Assemble ~
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough
- Flatten, add cheese and form a ball
- For Ube Palitaw Balls: Repeat the process until you're done
~ Let's Cook ~
- Bring 2 liters of water to a boil and drop 1st batch of Palitaw Balls
- Stir to prevent from sticking at the bottom of your pot
- When Palitaw balls starts to float, leave it for 2 more mins.
- Drop your 2nd batch of Ube Palitaw Balls
- Cook Palitaw for 7-8 mins.
~ Let's Serve ~
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup toasted sesame
- Roll in fresh grated coconut
- Top with sugar & toasted sesame seeds
Try these delicious chewy Cheese filled Sticky Rice Balls, rolled in fresh grated coconut & top with sugar & toasted sesame seeds. Easy to make, masarap na Meryenda, at pwedeng gawing Negosyo! Eto ang Palitaw na pina Level up at mas lalong pinasarap ng cheese.
Other Kakanin Recipes: