Last Updated on
How to make delicious Custaroons for business
Custaroons Recipe or Lecheroons is two desserts in a single bite. A perfect treat for people with a sweet tooth, a custaroon is a combination of creamy custard (leche flan in familiar terms) and coconut macaroon. A single bite will take you to cloud nine with its chewy and buttery macaroon crust in the top layer. Then savor that creamy and rich custard in the bottom layer which melts in your mouth. It comes in small, bite-sized pieces which will definitely satisfy your sweet cravings.
Custaroons are made of the simplest ingredients. All you need are fresh large eggs, melted butter, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and finely-processed desiccated coconut. After mixing all the ingredients well, pour the batter into small cupcake molds.
Use the bain marie method, which involves using a hot water bath used to cook this delicate pastry. Then bake the custaroons in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20-25 minutes. After baking, let them cool and serve them at room temperature, or better yet when they have cooled long enough.
What’s more, you can also start a business in making these irresistible sweet treats especially for this coming Holiday season. You may even innovate and put flavors for your custaroons like cheese.
All of the ingredients for making these delicious Custaroons roughly cost P150. With an SRP of P80 – P100, you can have a projected profit of P90 per container.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure – Custaroons Recipe :
Custaroons Recipe for Business
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1 387g Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut fine
Other materials you need:
- 30 pcs. 1oz. Paper Liners
- 3 pcs. Large Pastry Container
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and boil half a liter of water and set aside.
- Line 1oz. Puto molder or mini muffin pan with the same size of white paper liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine two whole eggs, egg yolks, and mix.
- Add in melted butter and sweetened condensed milk and again mix until well combined.
- Lastly, add sweetened desiccated coconut with the vanilla and mix well.
- Scoop and fill each mold with the custard-coconut mixture, about 2/3’s full. (Custaroons doesn’t rise much, it stays flat, even when your Steam it or bake it in Bain Marie).
- In a large, deep baking pan, arrange your molder at least an inch apart from each other.
- Add hot water in the pan, the water level at least half the height of your molder.
- Bake Custaroons in a preheated oven at 180c/350F for about 25 minutes.
- Check with toothpick, and if it comes out clean, your custaroons is now ready for serving.
- Turn off the fire, discard remaining water and let it cool down on a wire rack before serving, storing or packing.
- Custaroons are best to serve at room temperature or chilled.
Custaroons are perfect for special occasions such as birthday parties, debuts, reunions, weddings or can even be given as pasalubong.
- Cream Cheese Tarts with Peaches Recipe
- Peach Tart Recipe
- Cheesy Avocado Graham Float Recipe
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Mini Fruit Tart Recipe
- Inipit Petit Fours Recipe
- Caramel Boat Tart Recipe with Pistachio Nuts
- Langka Tart Recipe
- Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe