Last Updated on November 21, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pizza Turon or Pizzaron
Turon… but savory? Who knew this traditional Filipino treat could be given a salty twist?
Think of the Pizza Turon or Pizzaron as a crispy cousin of the lumpia, thanks to its crunchy golden-brown exterior and its mouthwatering filling that’s perfect for merienda time.
To enjoy this meaty, cheesy finger food, you’ll need to sauté ground beef in a hot pan and season it well with salt and pepper. Add button mushrooms for extra umami, then mix diced bell pepper and white onions for some healthy freshness.
We Filipinos always try to make food more convenient to eat because we are very creative and innovative. For example, our favorite pizza is a big circular pie and is eaten in slices. And now, we present to you the thin crust version made from Turon wrappers – Pizza Turon or PizzaRon!
Here’s how to make this new trendy snack for your family.
Ingredients and Procedure Pizza Turon :
Pizza Turon Recipe or Pizzaron
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 250 g Ground Beef
- 115 g Button Mushroom sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 cup White Onion diced
- 100 g Pizza Sauce
- 165 g QuickMelt Cheese grated
- 30 pcs Lumpia Wrapper med.
- 2 tbsp Water to seal
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil for frying
- Add 2 tbsp. oil in a pan
- Add into the pan 250g ground beef and add salt & pepper to taste
- Saute until ground beef turns brown
- Add 115g sliced button mushroom
- Season with salt & saute until soft
- Combine ground beef with mushroom, bell pepper & white onion
- Pour 100g pizza sauce, mix well
~ Time to Wrap ~
- We are going to use 2 pcs. lumpia wrapper
- Put 2 tbsp. of pizza toppings and grated quickmelt cheese
- Wrap & fold both sides to secure the filling & seal it with water.
- Continue until all pizza toppings are wrapped
- Makes 13 pieces of Pizza Turon
~ Let's Fry ~
- Heat oil in a pan over med. heat
- Fry Pizza Turon in 2 batches, until golden brown
- Drain excess oil in a paper towel or strainer
- Serve Pizzaron while it's Hot!
- Make sure to use Fresh Lumpia wrappers to avoid breaking
- Drain the oil after cooking the Ground Beef to avoid being soggy
- You can also add Pineapple slices if you want a Hawaiian version.
Cooking Pizza Turon is very easy just deep-fry them until they’re perfectly golden-brown. And you have a delicious batch of Pizza Turon ready to share with your friends and family.
Be warned: these delightful snacks will be gone from the dinner table in no time!
Other Pizza Recipe Version: