Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to make Pistachio Caramel Boat Tart
Sweet and crunchy! A combination, that doesn’t just send dessert lovers over the moon, but anyone for that matter. Caramel Boat Tart with Pistachio Nuts is the perfect dessert to pair up with meals that are meaty and hearty.
A tart is a baked dish that has a filling over a pastry base with an open top that isn’t covered with pastry. So if intricacy is a problem for you, then tarts are the perfect dessert for you to try because all you have to do when finishing it off is just place the custard and then drizzle the nuts wherever you like. As simple as that! It also doesn’t have to be pistachio nuts per se, you can use any nuts available in your house, the recipe is that flexible. And not only does this dessert serve as a dessert dish for your 3 course meal but it can also serve as a take-away food for your guests or a simple snack when you’re at school or work.
Caramel Boat Tart with Pistachio by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
Caramel Boat Tart Recipe with Pistachio Nuts
- 140 g butter
- ½ of an egg
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup nestle cream
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup pistachio nuts roughly chopped for toppings
- colored cellophane (optional)
- In a bowl mix sifted flour, icing sugar, salt, butter and egg until becomes dough and knead. Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film. Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is workable state.
- To make the Caramel filling: Combine all the filling ingredients except pistachio nuts, in a saucepan and bring to simmer until thickens or spreadable consistency. Fire off and set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). When the dough is ready, cut 24 equal portions and flatten each pastry ball on a flour and place each dough on a prepared tart moulds. Press dough in the mould by circular motion, using your thumbs then tidy up the edges with your index fingers. Prick the dough with fork to get rid air pockets and to avoid the dough from shrinking when baking.
- Prepare the filling and spread about 2/3’s full on each moulds. Sprinkle each Caramel Tart with chopped pistachio nuts or pipe a meringue icing on top. Arrange caramel tarts on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until pastry turns light brown and filling gets firm. Remove tarts from the oven and let it cool completely, before removing from the moulds to prevent from cracking.
- You can wrap in any colored cellophane if desired, or store in an airtight container.
Crunchy cracked Pistachio Nuts balances a smooth caramel custard filling in this simple, satisfying Caramel Boat Tart Recipe with Pistachio Nuts.