Last Updated on
How to cook Mini Fruit Tart
Want to impress your family and friends this Christmas? Try this fresh Mini Fruit Tart recipe, an elegant colorful dessert pastry with rich custard filling and while the fresh fruit complement the sweet sugar crust, I’m sure your guest will love this.
These Mini Fruit Tart have creamy custard filling, topped with kiwi, strawberries, grapes and papaya for a fresh, flavorful and colorful dessert.
Here is our version of Mini Fruit Tart, an ideal dessert for Christmas party and other occasions.
Mini Fruit Tart Ingredients
Mini Fruit Tart Crust:
- 70g butter
- ½ of an egg
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¾ cup plain flour
- a pinch of salt
Mini Fruit Tart Custard Filling:
- 250ml full cream milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- ½ tsp. vanilla
Mini Fruit Tart Glaze and Fruit Toppings:
- 1 fresh Kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup sm. fresh Strawberries, washed
- ½ cup sm. fresh Grapes, seedless and washed
- ½ cup fresh Papaya, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup orange marmalade.
- 1 tbsp. hot water
Mini Fruit Tart Cooking Instructions
To make a Tart Crust:
- In a bowl mix sifted flour, icing sugar, salt, butter and egg until it becomes a dough and knead.
- Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is workable state.
- When the dough is ready knead on a floured surface and cut into 12 portions.
- Press dough on prepared tins and prick with fork. Refrigerate and let it rest for another 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C (350F), for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let it cool down completely before removing to avoid breaking the crust.
To make the Custard Filling:
- Heat the milk in a saucepan just until boils then fire off.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until smooth, then add vanilla extract.
- Add sifted flour and corn flour and whisk to combine.
- Add the hot milk, pour a quarter part to temper the egg mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Pour the remaining warm milk and stir constantly.
- Place custard mixture into a saucepan and heat over a low fire.
- Whisk constantly to avoid lumps and stir until thickens.
- Fire off and let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl place a strainer and put a half cup of marmalade and pour a tablespoon of hot water and sieve together, discard any bits.
Finally to assemble the mini Fruit Tarts:
- Prepare the cooled tart crust, glaze, custard filling and fresh sliced fruits.
- Brush bottom and sides of tart crust lightly with glaze.
- Fill tart crust with custard mixture full and decorate with fresh fruit slices.
- Lastly, brush fruits and custard with glaze to avoid from scorching and oxidizing. Refrigerate for 10 minutes more, to firm up a little bit and ready to serve.
Mini Fruit Tart Recipe, an ideal dessert for Christmas party