Last Updated on July 30, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Langka Tart or Jackfruit Tart
As they say, a simple gift but made with a personal touch can be well-appreciated by someone dear to you. So if you are looking for something special yet easy to prepare giveaway for loved ones and close friends, this Langka Tart Recipe would be it!
This is a kind of tart that does not take a lot of time to make, you will only need a Jackfruit preserve to make it as filling, then wrap it in a pastry dough which is not too sweet to balance it with the luscious sweetened jackfruit.
Jackfruit Tarts have become as a popular best-selling pasalubong nowadays, you might want to try making these as a small business venture too.
Jackfruit Tart Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Jackfruit Tart Recipe (Langka Tart)
- 3 cups Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Vegetable shortening
- 7 tablespoon Icy Cold Water
- 1 egg must be beaten, will be used for egg wash
Prepare the Tart Crust:
- In a large bowl, sift the flour together with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add in the cubed butter and vegetable shortening.
- Using your hands pinch together until it forms a crumbs.
- Add the cold water one tbsp at a time and mix very well. Knead the dough for three minutes then form a ball.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 mins. before using it.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface then roll out the dough
- Using a knife cut the dough into your desired shape and sizes.
- Scoop the jackfruit preserve filling into the middle and fold the dough over to the opposite side.
- Seal the edges of the dough using a fork and repeat procedure until done.
Bake Langka Tart:
- Line the Jackfruit tarts on a baking tray then refrigerate for about 15 minutes before you bake it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Lightly brush the tarts with egg wash.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 40 minutes.
- Baking time will vary depending on the thickness and size of your Langka tart.
- Best Served with Coffee.
Langka Tarts is one of the popular and best-selling pasalubong nowadays. You can also make this dessert into a small business venture.
Filipino Tart Recipes:
- Caramel Boat Tart Recipe with Pistachio Nuts
- Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe
- Peanut Boat Tart Recipe
- Cream Cheese Tarts with Peaches Recipe
- Cashew Boat Tart Recipe
- Mini Fruit Tart Recipe
- Peach Tart Recipe