Last Updated on November 26, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pork Salpicao
Pork Salpicao Recipe may sound very hard to prepare, but it’s not. This dish is one of the most straightforward recipes you could do if you have a tight and busy schedule. Of course, its primary ingredient is pork and sautéed together with mushrooms, few other spices, and oyster sauce.
Additionally, Pork Salpicao is not expensive to prepare since the ingredients needed are available in the market at an affordable price.
Pork Salpicao is a very delicious recipe if you get it right doing it, especially when you can make the pork tendered. Most of the time, we are having a tough time deciding what we should cook regularly. I highly recommend you try this dish, because it’s very easy-to-prepare.
This garlicky Filipino dish is Spanish-influenced just like the other famous Filipino dishes such as Brazo de Mercedes, Adobo, Callos, Menudo, Escabeche, Lengua Estofado, Igado, Afritada, Mechado, and Paella.
Pork Salpicao Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Pork Salpicao Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Pork Tenderloin cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grind black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Canola Oil for frying
- Prepare all the ingredients and in a large bowl, combine salt, black pepper, half of the garlic, 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce, mix well then add the Pork slices and marinate for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and red chili pepper flakes. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved then set aside.
- Remove the Pork from the marinade and drain.
- Using a large frying pan or wok, apply medium heat, add Canola oil, then fry the remaining garlic until it turns brown, remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the Pork in the frying pan and fry in batches, do not overcook it just make the outer part turns brown about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add Oyster-Soy sauce-Worcestershire mixture and fried garlic, then continue cooking while stirring regularly for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve Hot with steamed rice and your favorite Juice.
Try this Chicken Salpicao Recipe:
What is Salipicao?
“Salpicar” means to sprinkle, and “solomillo,” which is sirloin, is what makes this palatable dish, so basically, it is a recipe you dredge with something probably chopped onion chives or garlic or whatever is proper for garnishing.
Pork Salpicao Recipe is a very delicious Filipino Food, you should try it, to believe…
Variations of Salpicao:
Pork Recipes you might like: