How to cook Filipino Beef Salpicao
Beef Salpicao Recipe has simple ingredients and easy to cook, it has tenderloin beef with lots of garlic and some seasoning sauce. This is the second time we prepared Beef Salpicao, the first one was an experiment because we tested some of the recipes that we saw from other recipe websites. The result of the experiment was awesomely delicious, we are now proud to share with you our version of Beef Salpicao.
This garlicky dish is Spanish-influenced just like the other famous Filipino dishes such as Brazo de Mercedes, Adobo, Callos, Menudo, Escabeche, Lengua Estofado, Igado, Afritada, Mechado, Paella and Tinolang Manok.
Beef Salpicao can be found in many restaurants in the Philippines today, because it is a very indulgent dish and not too pricey. If you decide to make one for your family you can try this recipe and I assure you that very easy to make and they will surely love this dish.
Beef Salpicao Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Beef Salpicao Recipe
- 1/2 kilo tenderloin beef cut into thin slices Tapa style
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grind black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Canola Oil for frying
- We used Tapa sliced beef tenderloin in this recipe, you can request your meat vendor to do the Tapa slice for you.
- Prepare all the ingredients and in a large bowl, combine salt, black pepper, half of the garlic, 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce, mix well then add the beef slices and marinate for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and red chili pepper flakes. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved then set aside.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and drain.
- Using a large frying pan or wok, apply medium heat, add Canola oil, then fry the remaining garlic until it turns brown, remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the beef in the frying pan and fry in batches, do not overcook it just make the outer part turns brown about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Add Oyster-Soy sauce-Worcestershire mixture and fried garlic, then continue cooking while stirring regularly for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve Hot with steamed rice and your favorite Juice.
Enjoy this garlicky delicious Beef Salpicao Recipe.