Last Updated on
How to cook Nilagang Baboy
Nilagang Baboy Recipe is one of the easiest and simplest Filipino soup dishes that many of us can prepare because it’s basically a boiled meat along with many vegetables of your choice. Others call it Pork Nilaga (boiled pork) and best served at dinner and lunch time.
Even if the recipe is so easy and simple to prepare, it is must put attention to the texture of the meat to make sure that your Nilagang Baboy is yummy. Oppps! It’s not just yummy, it’s yummylicious.
The scrumptious taste of Nilagang Baboy depends on upon every ingredient you put of course. In my case, I always put sweet corn to make the soup more appetizing and flavorful.
Not only that, we Filipinos are very fond of sauces and condiments and this Nilagang Baboy is best partnered with Dipping sauce made of Fish Sauce (Patis), Kalamansi and Siling Labuyo.
Nilagang Baboy by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
Nilagang Baboy Recipe
- 1/2 kilo pork shoulder cubed or sliced
- 1 medium cabbage sliced into quarter
- 2 small sized Reb Bell Pepper sliced into quarter
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and sliced into cubed
- 2 pieces ripe saba banana (optional)
- 1 pc sweet yellow corn cut into 3parts (optional)
- 4 pcs string beans cut into 2inch size (optional)
- 2 pcs pork cube
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorn
- 8 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Pour and heat the cooking oil in a deep skillet.
- Saute the onion after 2 minutes add the whole pepper corn then cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the pork and fry for about 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Pour-in the water and add pork cube.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 50 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add the sweet corn, cover the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and saba (banana) cook for another 6 minutes
- Add-in the cabbage, red bell pepper, string beans. Add salt to taste.
- Mix well then cover and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer Nilagang Baboy to a serving bowl and serve with a dipping sauce made of fish sauce, siling labuyo with kalamansi.
- Enjoy this Pinoy dish with family.
Nilagang Baboy Recipe is one of the easiest Filipino soup dishes and It’s not just yummy, it’s yummylicious.