How to cook Chicken Salpicao
Salpicao is a dish of Spanish or Portuguese origin—though the Spanish “salpicar”, which means “to fleck with” and the Portuguese salpicao involving sausage from different kinds of meat are much different from what we eat here in the Philippines. This much-beloved delicacy is traditionally made by sautéing small cubes of beef sirloin with garlic and olive oil, often with soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce added for flavor.
In this version, chicken is a leaner substitute for beef which is still packed with protein—choosing chicken will cut the risk of developing a stroke, and it has much fewer calories. Choosing chicken also means no more worrying about using too chewy a cut for beef, as well-cooked chicken is tender and melts in your mouth. Olive oil can help prevent some cancers, reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and is one of the healthiest fats you can eat. The tasty sautéed garlic in salpicao is a seasoning that lowers cholesterol levels and is rich in Vitamins C and B6, as well as manganese—it also helps reduce symptoms if you have a cold!
This delicious Chicken Salpicao Recipe is packed with flavor and can be cooked in no time at all.
Learn how to cook Chicken Salpicao from our video :
Chicken Salpicao Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Chicken Salpicao Recipe
- 1/2 kilo chicken thigh cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grind black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Prepare all the marinade ingredients and in a large bowl, pour Oyster Sauce.
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce, Soy sauce, Olive oil, half of the minced garlic, chilli pepper flakes, black pepper, sugar and salt.
- Using a whisk mix all the ingredients until the sugar is dissolve.
- Add the chicken slices into the marinade then mix well.
- Add the butter to the frying pan then saute the remaining garlic.
- When the garlic turns brown remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, Fry the chicken in batches.
- When the final batch is almost cooked add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Bring back all the cooked chicken into the pan, then add the marinade sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the Pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove cover and add the fried garlic on top.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Chicken Salpicao Recipe is a delicious delicacy made of chicken with garlic, olive oil, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce for a flavorful taste.