Last Updated on
How to cook Pork Guisantes
As the name implies, Pork Guisantes is a recipe that combines pork and peas. This Filipino dish can be cooked in different ways.
We used thinly-sliced meat in this recipe but in most cases some people prefer using ground pork. In addition to carrots, potatoes and other vegetables, tomato sauce is also thrown in the mix to add color and flavor.
This one is also a quick-to-prepare everyday dish and naturally, it’s best consumed with steamed rice. Depending on your taste, you may also want to have some patis (fish sauce) or toyo (soy sauce) for condiment to make the most of your meal.
Because of its mix of meat and vegetables, a single cup serving of Pork Gisantes gives you about 378 calories, 17 g of fat, 15 g of carbs, 1,256 mg of sodium, 1,057mg of potassium and 44 g of protein.
So the next time you need to plan upcoming family lunches or dinners, here’s a simple but delicious Pork Guisantes Recipe you might want to consider.
Cooking Procedure and Ingredients of Pork Guisantes:
Pork Guisantes Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Pork cut into strips
- 1 pc. canned sweet peas 14oz or 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 small green bell pepper cut into strips
- 3 pcs ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut into cube
- 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a large pan pour Canola cooking oil, then apply heat.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add the pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the beef broth and let boil. Simmer until the pork is tender (about 30 minutes.)
- Pour the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt then stir.
- Add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper and green peas, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Pork Guisantes Recipe is a healthy, delicious and quick-to-prepare everyday dish.