Last Updated on February 10, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to make Strawberry Graham Float in a Cup
Thinking of a cold dessert you can eat during the hot summer season? Try making a very tasty dessert that everyone at your house will love, something like Strawberry Graham Float in a cup. A Strawberry Graham Float is like the all time favorite Mango Float, most Filipinos make. But the star ingredient is different.
Graham Float is somewhat like an icebox cake, which originated in the United States around the time of the 1920’s – 1930’s. We, the Filipinos, have put our own style of it, using local ingredients that we love. We mostly use different kinds of fruits as toppings.
You will be glad to know that this dessert will give you more than just a refreshing and cool feel, but it also provides many health benefits. We can list a lot of benefits from this, coming from the many ingredients it has, but we will be focusing on the star ingredient which is strawberry.
Strawberries have a long list of health benefits. One of which is that it improves how the immune system functions. With the high levels of antioxidants in it, it boosts the strength. Additionally, these antioxidants also treat arthritis and gout by fighting off free radicals. Strawberries can also improve one’s eyesight because of the flavonoids and ellagic acid contained in it.
To make this into an easy-to-carry dessert, this will be a Strawberry Graham Float in a Cup. Despite that you have to repeat the process over and over again because you will be making it in individual cups, it will still be finished and done pretty fast because all you have to do is cut, mix and layer the ingredients.
Strawberry Graham Float in a Cup Ingredients and Procedure:
Strawberry Graham Float in a cup Recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberry cubed and reserve extra for topping
- 1 cup honey graham crushed
- 250 ml all-purpose cream chilled overnight
- 75 ml sweetened condensed milk chilled
- 10 tbsp strawberry syrup
You Also Need:
- 4 pieces 12oz. plastic cups
- First, wash and trim off leaves and cut strawberries into cubes. Reserved 4 small ones or 2 medium size cut in halves, use it as a topping later on.
- Prepare and measure your crushed honey graham and strawberry syrup, set aside.
- In a chilled bowl, put your chilled all-purpose cream and whipped over high speed until the cream becomes double.
- Add 2 tablespoons of strawberry syrup and chilled condensed milk about half of a small can and whisked again until well blended.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste, add condensed milk as you like.
Let’s assemble our strawberry graham float.
- You will need 4 clear plastic cups, preferably 12oz.
- Put 2 tablespoons of crushed graham in each cup and top with roughly 1/8 cup of strawberry cream, drizzle with a tablespoon of syrup and top with 2 tablespoons of fresh strawberries.
- Repeat process, for the second layer and top with remaining cream and reserved strawberry on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
Strawberry Graham Float in a cup is another delicious Graham Float dessert created first by Pinoy Recipe at Iba pa.
Recommended Graham Recipes: