Last Updated on May 20, 2023 by Ed Joven
Mamon with Almonds: A Delicious Filipino Treat
With so many different versions of baking Mamon today, trying this Mamon with Almonds Recipe is exciting. The light and airy texture of the classic Filipino Mamon surely complements the crispness of almonds. Instead of cheese, crushed almonds are also an excellent topping for your mini cakes. Try this today, and it surely won’t disappoint you.
Most Mamon are buttery and airy since they are usually made using the sponge cake baking technique. The buttery flavor makes it one of the most loved snacks, and the almond toppings will only make your Mamon even more delicious. From the usual cheese and sugar sprinkles, almonds also make your mini cakes nutritious.
The good thing about this unique recipe is that your Mamon are not too sweet, making them an excellent match for afternoon tea or coffee. In just 30 minutes, you can make these special Mamon with Almonds without sweat. Some essential ingredients you will need include cake flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, lemon zest, eggs, cream of tartar, melted butter, and vanilla.
One essential tip to make baking much easier is to use individual molds for your Mamon. In addition, there are available baking cups or cupcake tins in the supermarket.
Remember to add some lemon zest to your batter to give it a tangy flavor. So, are you ready to make your own Mamon sprinkled with almonds? Follow this simple recipe and enjoy a delightful mini-cake snack for your merienda.
Ingredients and Procedure of Mamon with Almonds:
Mamon with Almonds Recipe
- 4 Large Eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Cake Flour
- 25g Almond slivers (For toppings )
~ How to Prepare ~
- First let's separate the eggs
- Transfer egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Whip until frothy over high speed
- Wradually add sugar until soft peaks form
- Combine and lightly beat egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add egg yolks over low speed
- We're going to use a good quality Cake Flour from JOY of BAKING.
- Add sifted cake flour in small batches
- Cut and fold with a spatula or a balloon whisk
Tips: sift cake flour twice before measuring.
- Continue cut and fold until batter is smooth and no lumps
- Divide mamon batter equally into 12 molders.
- I'm using a 2.5 inches round tin molder and 3oz. liners. (You can use a regular Mamon molder with mamon liners.)
- We're going to top it with toasted almond slivers.
~ Time to Bake ~
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 160C / 320F for about 23-25 mins.
- When you insert toothpick and it comes out clean then it's time to remove from the oven.
- Our Soft and Fluffy Mamon with Almonds are ready to serve & enjoy!
- Our cost for this recipe is only P100.00 Perfect na pang Regalo during holiday season or any special occasions at pang Negosyo recipe.
Here are a few suggestions for making mouthwatering Mamon with Almonds on Top:
- 1] Use the ingredients at room temperature: When you begin baking, ensure your eggs and butter are at room temperature. They will be able to combine more uniformly and produce a nice, fluffy batter.
- 2] Be sure to thoroughly beat the eggs for the batter until they are fluffy and light in color. This will help in giving the Mamon a delicate and airy texture.
- 3] Sift the dry ingredients: Sifting the flour and baking powder will assist in getting rid of any lumps and making sure the ingredients are combined evenly. This will help in giving the Mamon a uniform and smooth texture.
- 4] Avoid overmixing the batter because it can make the Mamon tough and thick. Instead, just incorporate all of the ingredients in the batter.
- 5] Use individual molds: Baking the Mamon in individual molds will provide a consistent rise and lovely shape.
- 6] The correct way to toast almonds is to heat them until golden brown, being careful not to burn them. They will taste nutty and have a pleasant crunch due to this.
Following these tips, you can create delicious Mamon with light, fluffy, and satisfyingly crunchy almonds.
You can serve this Mamon with Almonds on top during special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, and holidays. It is also a great gift idea for your loved ones; just place it in a gift box, as we have here.
This Mamon with Almonds is best paired with a cup of coffee or tea, making it the perfect afternoon treat.
Try these Filipino Mini-Cakes :
- Mocha Mamon with Oreo Recipe
- Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe
- Cream Cheese Tarts with Peaches
- Yema Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Truffles
- Special Mamon Recipe
- Polvoron Cupcakes Recipe with Dark Chocolate
- Cebu Torta Cake Recipe