Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Adobong Puti
Adobo is one of the favorite Filipino dishes that is known around the world. Ask a foreigner what’s his favorite food from the Philippines, and he would probably answer adobo. But there is another way to prepare this traditional adobo dish. If you haven’t tried it yet, this simple Adobong Puti Recipe will guide you on how to cook the best-tasting Adobong Puti your family and friends will surely enjoy.
There are other variations of Adobo, including the Adobo sa gata, Adobo sa patis and more, you can see the list at the bottom of this page.
The prep time only takes about 15 minutes, while cooking time may take up to an hour. Overall, you need at least one hour and 15 minutes to cook your Adobong Puti. You can add some garnish, such as onion chives, to enhance the flavor once it’s cooked.
If you don’t know how to cook this all-time favorite Ulam, this easy-to-follow Adobong Puti Recipe will help you with the step-by-step process.
Ingredients and Procedure Adobong Puti :
The ingredients you need are pork, garlic, white vinegar, white sugar, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, and water. To cook Adobong Puti, you need to marinate the pork in vinegar and garlic for at least 30 minutes. Add the water, salt, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaf in a pot, then put the marinated meat. Allow it to boil before you simmer the meat in low heat for up to 40 minutes.
Adobong Puti Recipe
- 3/4 kilo pork belly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns
- 4 pcs laurel leaves
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Patis (fish sauce)
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Saute Garlic and Onion for 2 minutes
- Add pork belly, Vinegar, Water, patis, black pepper and bay leaf
- Cover & let it simmer over med. heat
- Cook until the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes
- When the pork fat starts to render, fry until it is golden brown.
- You can now remove this from the pan but I prefer a little bit crispy.
- Our Adobong Puti is now ready to serve!
- This recipe is good for for 2 to 3 person.
- This recipe uses pork belly, but you can also use pork shoulder or pork ribs; chicken parts like drumsticks are great options.
- Sear the meat until lightly browned to enhance flavor and add color.
You can add pan-fried potatoes or hard-boiled eggs to extend servings.
There is no better way to enjoy a good meal with authentic Filipino cuisine like Adobong Puti. You can prepare this for an everyday menu or as a special dish during special occasions.
Other Adobo Recipe Version: