How to cook the famous Filipino Chicken Adobo
Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe is a favorite Filipino dish all year round. Adobo preparation is endlessly adaptable, and nearly every Filipino cook prepares adobo in a slightly different way. There are many different version of Adobo, some add potatoes, some recipes have sauce, others are dry and others add coconut milk.
This Chicken Adobo version is very easy to cook and my family’s favorite, try it and leave us a comment.
Filipino Chicken Adobo Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo chicken leg (drumstick choice cuts)
- 3 pcs dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 pc Red Chili ( Siling Haba ) seeded thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions or Scallions ( Dahon sibuyas ) for garnish [optional]
Chicken Adobo Cooking Instructions:
- In a large Wok, add Canola oil then saute Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Chicken for 8 to 10 minutes
- Add pepper, peppercorns, bay leaf and Siling haba ( red Chili ) then saute’ for another 2 minutes
- Now add the vinegar, water and soy sauce then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for five minutes, add salt to taste.
- Garnish with green onions then Serve hot with Rice.
Enjoy this Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe.