Last Updated on
How to cook Adobong Balut
Adobong Balut Recipe – Balut is one of the most famous exotic foods the Filipinos are known for. This fertilized duck egg is considered by many as an aphrodisiac. Some Filipino male with invigorating powers, believed that “Balut” will increase their stamina and sex-drive.
Balut is tag as the national street food in the Philippines, because you can find this during night time in the street corners. You can find more information about Balut on Wikipedia.
Adobong Balut Ingredients and Cooking Instructions:
- 4 Balut eggs peeled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 small sized Onion
- ½ cup soy sauce sliced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced Scallions for garnish
- Remove the Balut Egg shells, then set aside.
- Add Canola oil into the Frying pan, when Canola oil is heated enough saute' Onion and the minced garlic until oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Add Balut and fry for a few seconds then add Soy sauce and Vinegar in the Pan. Depending on your own taste you can increase or decrease the amount of vinegar .
- Bring to a boil without stirring. Simmer for a few seconds, then swirl the pan so that the eggs are coated with the sauce.
- Add bay leaf, sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for another minute. Swirl once more. Turn off the heat. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Give the eggs a final swirl and, for the ultimate experience.
- Best serve with garlic fried rice.
Recommended Recipe Video:
Other Adobo Recipes you should try: