Last Updated on August 16, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Chicken Feet Adodo or Adobong Adidas
Chicken Feet Adodo Recipe – When it comes to food, Filipinos are known for never wasting anything. There is something that can be made out of the weirdest, strangest or most ignored part. A famous piece of the chicken that Filipinos are known to use is chicken feet, popularly known as “Adidas”.
Filipinos called chicken feet “Adidas” because of the three long fingers strips of its feet. Many don’t know, but the history of Filipinos making use of chicken feet in different dishes began around the 1970s. This was because of the economic crisis at this time. People had to find ways to save money.
People chose to save money by changing the meat they buy. It was when chicken wings, feet and neck, and pig feet and intestines became popular. Even after the Philippines survived the crisis, the delicacies made with these parts became such a hit across the country that it stayed and was upgraded as the main ingredients of some dishes like Adobo.
Chicken Feet Adobo is a Filipino delicacy that may not look as appealing for some, but it actually packs a punch when it comes to nutrients and vitamins. Do you know that the bones of chicken feet contain a lot of protein and calcium? So, this means it is beneficial for your bone health.
More than that, the bay leaf added to the dish may seem such a minor ingredient, but it has antibacterial and anti-fungal components that help our immune system.
The recipe entails basic processes of adding the ingredients into the pot and just waiting. It is such a simple dish that you won’t screw up making it.
Ingredients and cooking procedure of Adobong Adidas:
Chicken Feet Adodo Recipe (Adobong Adidas)
- 1/2 kilo chicken feet, cleaned
- 4 pieces dried chili
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil for sauteing
- Heat frying pan and 1 cup of cooking oil.
- Fry the chicken feet until color turns light brown then, set aside.
- On another frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Saute dried chili and garlic.
- Add-in the fried chicken feet, soy sauce, and water thenh, let it boil.
- When it started to boil add the dried bay leaves, oyster sauce, salt, whole peppercorn, and sugar.
- Simmer until chicken feet becomes tender, you can add water as necessary.
- When chicken feet is tender, add vinegar and stir. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn-off stove and transfer to a serving plate, garnish with parsley.
Recommended Recipe: Kadyos Baboy at Langka Soup
Chicken Feet Adobo is chicken feet cooked in soy sauce, vinegar and onions until tender.