How to cook Adobong Mani or Fried Peanuts with Garlic
During my college years this is the only snack that I can afford. Peanuts are one of the popular snack many Filipinos love, that is why you can find many Peanuts vendors in every busy sidewalk, schools and office entrance. These street vendors roasts the peanuts using a frying pan and place them in an aluminum tray then sprinkle it with fine salt. Then they serve it in small brown paper pouches, they use a small glass about twice the size of a shot glass. Restaurants and Bars in the Philippines serve Adobong Mani as “Pulutan” paired with beer.
Filipinos believed that Peanuts is a brain power booster. Have you ever wondered why they call Roasted Peanuts or Fried Peanuts with garlic as “Adobong Mani” ? We all know that ADOBO dish has vinegar, soy sauce and garlic. If you know the answer why they call this Adobong Mani drop us a comment below.
Here is our version of Adobong Mani Recipe or Fried Peanuts with Garlic.
Adobong Mani or Fried Peanuts with Garlic Ingredients
- 1 kilo raw shelled peanuts
- 1 head garlic, cloves halved
- 2 tsp Fine Salt
- 2 cups Canola cooking oil
Adobong Mani or Fried Peanuts with Garlic Cooking Instructions
- Heat a frying pan, add the Canola cooking oil.
- When the oil is already hot, add garlic and fry until the color turns to medium brown, then set aside.
- Adjust heat to low then fry the peanuts for 15 minutes, then occasionally stir it to avoid overcooking small portions of peanuts.
- When peanuts are already cooked, take it out from the frying pan then drain excess oil using a metal strainer.
- Place the peanuts to a large mixing bowl the sprinkle it with salt. You can add chili oil if you want it to be spicy.
- Serve it with beer as pulutan.
Adobong Mani Recipe or Fried Peanuts with Garlic Recipe is a delicious Pulutan.