Last Updated on
Adobong Tahong Recipe – Another alternative method of cooking mussels is Adobong Tahong. Mussels are excellent source of Selenium, vitamin B12, Zinc, and folate.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Adobong Tahong Ingredients
- 4-liter cans green mussels
- 1/2 head garlic crushed
- 2-3 slivers ginger
- 1-2 red chili, sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2-3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2-3 pcs. bay leaf
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
Adobong Tahong Cooking Instructions:
- Wash and clean the mussels,beard removed, boil it in a pan until the shells are open.
- Remove the mussels meat then in another sauce pan heat the cooking oil, saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in the mussels, peppercorns and bay leaf, stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in vinegar, soy sauce and red chili.
- Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with sliced onions for added flavor.
- Season with salt to taste. Serve hot with garlic rice.
Try this awesomely delicious Adobong Tahong, you will surely comeback for more.