Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook the famous Filipino Adobong Baboy
Filipino Adobong Baboy Recipe is a favorite Filipino dish and considered by many as the Philippine’s national dish because of its high popularity. Adobo dish can be done with pork, chicken, beef or a combination of the three.
Adobong Baboy is slowly cooked in vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, black peppercorns, and soy sauce then you can fry it afterward to get the best taste.
Adobong Baboy Cooking Instructions:
Adobong Baboy Recipe
- 1 kilo Pork belly liempo
- 2 tbsp garlic minced or crushed
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Crush and peel garlic by using a mortar and pestle. Remove the garlic skin.
- Add the peppercorns and pound again using the pestle. Set aside.
- Clean the pork then cut to cubes with skin on.
- Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour
- Heat the pot and place the marinated pork belly then cook for a few minutes
- Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until the pork meat is tender.
- Put-in the vinegar and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy this Filipino Adobong Baboy or Pork Adobo with your family.