Last Updated on July 24, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Creamy Chicken Pastel
This Creamy Chicken Pastel recipe is one of the classic Filipino-Spanish specialties that you can prepare for any Pinoy celebration, including weddings, birthdays, and fiestas. The secret to a delightful bowl of this favorite dish is in the ingredients such as mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, and Chorizo de Bilbao. The chicken meat is sliced into cubes just like its ingredients.
Some experts recommend frying the chicken skin from the chicken breast in order to create a more flavorful and tastier outcome. You can do this before you start cooking this dish. It simply adds a fried chicken flavor to the creamy pastel.
Now, if you want it to be even creamier, you can add all-purpose cream to your recipe. Prep time takes about 30 minutes, while cooking time may take up to 50 minutes. So, are you ready to make your very own Creamy Chicken Pastel? Try it now.
Ingredients and Procedure of Chicken Pastel:
The ingredients you will need to cook this Creamy Chicken Pastel include chicken broth cube, hotdogs, red and green bell pepper, lime, soy sauce, onion, garlic, ground black pepper, and the other main ingredients mentioned previously.
This dish provides 440kcal calories, 22g carbohydrates, 37g protein, 4mg iron, and more when it comes to nutrition.
Creamy Chicken Pastel Recipe
Ingredients Part 1:
- 3/4 kilo Chicken fillet sliced
- 1/2 Lemon or 5 pcs Calamansi
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Ingredients Part 2:
- 4 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 medium Carrot cubed
- 2 medium Potatoes cubed
- 2 pcs Chicken Sausage sliced
- 1 can Vienna Sausage sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium White Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 pcs dried Bay Leaves
- 1 can 115g Button Mushroom, halves
- 1/8 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1 medium Red Bellpepper, sliced
- 12 pcs quail eggs boiled
- 1/4 cup Cheese Melts
- Salt to taste
- Let's marinate first our chicken fillet
- Pour 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Squeeze half lemon juice
- Massage chicken to coat and absorb the marinade, then set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Canola oil then fry carrots and potato
- Fry until light brown in color
- Fry sliced Chicken Sausage until cooked then set aside
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter and saute garlic
- Add onions and continue to saute until translucent in color
- Add marinated chicken and saute cover then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- Add chicken sausage and 1 cup of water
- Add 1 chicken cube, 3 bay leaves, 1 small can button mushrooms and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add green peas, potato and carrots
- Pour 1 cup all-purpose cream then mix
- Simmer for 3 minutes then add bell pepper, quail eggs and 1 can vienna sausage
- Add cheese and mix then Cover and simmer for 2 minutes
- Test the taste, add salt according to taste
- Our Chicken Pastel is now ready to serve!
Compared to other popular Filipino-Spanish dishes, Creamy Chicken Pastel is easier to prepare. However, make sure to prepare all the fresh ingredients and follow the instructions provided in this recipe.