Last Updated on January 27, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to make Homemade Pepero
Homemade Pepero Recipe – Pepero is a dessert snack that you have surely already seen in supermarkets and used as topping for desserts like ice cream and cakes. This snack originated from South Korea during the early 1980’s. It can be likened to the Japanese snack, Pocky. Throughout the years, it started to make it way through other Asian countries—now even countries in the west have it.
It is very famous because of the various flavors it offers, plus the crisp texture it has. There are even mixtures of flavors like almond with chocolate, white chocolate cookie and tiramisu cheese. These are just some of the delicious flavor combinations pepero has.
But more than just being a snack that satisfies one’s sweet tooth, believe it or not, Pepero actually also does have some nutritional benefits. Chocolate is one of the major ingredients of Pepero, and chocolates have a lot of benefits. There are many researches and studies to support how useful chocolate can be for the body. One of which is the antioxidant properties present in it. You can’t munch on this like grape, but you can allow yourself to get a couple of pieces. Antioxidants are good in taking care of our heart and as well as lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
This delicious snack is easy to munch on, pair it up with different snacks, and it has the perfect balance of sweetness and texture of crisp. If you ever get curious on how to make this, then just keep on reading.
Pepero is not that hard to make actually. It may look difficult but the recipe for it is quite simple. It is all about looking for good ingredients and combining them. Just find a good chocolate brand you like and some finger sticks or pretzel sticks—that is all there is to it.
Homemade Pepero Ingredients and Procedure:
Homemade Pepero for Valentines
- 300g Finger Sticks, Plain
- 4 35g Dark Chocolate Bar
- 4 35g White Chocolate Bar
- 2 tbsp. red & white sprinkles
- 3 tbsp. crushed peanuts
- 1 pack crushed Oreo
You also need:
- 10 pcs. Box with Pasty Pouch 5×6 or 10 pcs. Acetate Box
- 10 pcs. Paper Belt or Logo Sticker optional
- First, we need to prepare our toppings, crush nuts of your choice as fine like bread crumbs as possible and set aside.
- Discard, cream filling of Oreo’s and crush it and set aside.
- If using dried fruits, dice it as tiny as you can.
To Melt the Chocolate:
- If you’re planning to melt in a double boiler, break your chocolates into small pieces and place it in a heat proof bowl.
- Melt over in a slow simmering pot and stir until melted and smooth. Carefully take it off, from the heat and set aside. Repeat process if using assorted chocolates. And if you’re using a microwave oven, for the Milk and Dark Chocolate just heat it for 30 seconds, take it off and stir until smooth. And for the White Chocolate make it 1min. & 30 seconds. (Idk why it takes a little bit longer to melt the white chocolate than the others.
Let's Assemble Our Pepero:
- Dip Finger Sticks or Pretzel Sticks individually in melted chocolate, leave at least 1½ inch plain on the other end.
- Coat properly and shake off excess melted chocolate. (Warning: Finger Sticks are so light and breakable, so please shake it lightly.)
- Decorate Pepero with your prepared toppings, be generous and creative as you can.
- Arrange Pepero on a tray lined with parchment paper and let it set.
- Repeat the process and have fun, until you are done with 10 dozen of Pepero.
It is pretty simple to make, this Love month season, maybe you can choose to have this Homemade Pepero as the snack you give to your friends, family, and workmates.
Try making this delicious Homemade Pepero this Valentines’ Day for your loved one or make it as a home business this “love month season.”
Recipes for Valentine’s Day:
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Hearts Recipe
- Homemade Pepero Recipe for Valentines Day
- Easy Strawberry Cake for Valentines
- Heart Shaped Chocolates Recipe for Valentines
- Valentine’s Day Food Business Recipes
- Valentines Day Recipes
- Heart Shaped Mocha Cake Recipe for Valentine’s Day