Last Updated on
How to cook Shanghai Fried Rice
A classic Chinese style recipe that is loved by many people in different parts of the globe; Shanghai fried rice is a rice dish that can be eaten as is, any time of the day, given its flexible but delicious flavors.
Shanghai Fried Rice is one of those dishes where you can bring to any party and everyone would love it. It can also be a dish that can be cooked for the family, just to spice up your regular plain white rice during dinner time.
Shanghai Fried Rice also matches with any kind of protein or meat dish, may it be fish, pork, beef, shrimp, whatever it is you can think of. The best of all, other than its flexibility of being served anytime and anywhere, it has such an easy procedure and also easy-to-find ingredients, the kind that you would just find in the grocery.
Learn the necessary and basic ingredients of this enjoyable dish and its no-sweat procedure below.
Shanghai Fried Rice Ingredients and Cooking Procedure
Shanghai Fried Rice Recipe
- 1/2 kilo leftover rice
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz. peas
- 5 oz. ham
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp spring onions
- White pepper optional
- Olive oil or Canola Oil for frying
- Finely chop the garlic and slice the spring onions and ham, set aside.
- Boil peas in a saucepan with boiling water until nearly cooked.
- Heat a wok to medium with 1 tsp oil, fry the scrambled egg, cut into strips, set aside.
- Reheat wok to medium high with 1 tbsp oil, saute spring onions and garlic then add rice and slowly crumble any lumps.
- Combine together all vegetables; continue stirring until all ingredients are dispersed in the fried rice.
- Stir in salt, white pepper and green onions, mix well.
Shanghai Fried Rice Recipe is a classic Chinese style rice dish that can be eaten as is.