Learn how to cook Morisqueta Tostada
Morisqueta Tostada Recipe is a Spanish style fried rice (Sinangag) with Chinese sausage, vegetables and other condiments. A very simple and easy to make but really taste great.
Morisqueta Tostada is a complete meal by itself. When you cook Morisqueta, all you have to use are some leftover rice that you cooked the night before then add Chinese sausage and some condiments. The sausage will not only give it a nice flavor but also makes it smell really good. Chinese sausages are readily available at most Asian supermarket and if you are in the Philippines it is located in the canned goods section. This dish is a great pair for a Skinless Longganisa or Beef Tapa or Ginisang Corned beef.
Morisqueta Tostada Ingredients:
- 3 cups (left-over cooked) rice
- 2 Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped shrimp
- 3 eggs, beaten and lightly seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- spring onions, finely chopped
Morisqueta Tostada Cooking Instructions:
- In a hot pan, pour the oil, and make an omelet. Slice in thin shreds then set aside.
- In the same pan, fry Chinese sausages until crisp. Reduce the oil in half (or less if you prefer).
- Saute garlic, onion, and rice. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked and evenly coated with soy sauce.
- Garnish with scrambled egg shreds and spring onions.