Last Updated on July 30, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to prepare Saging con Yelo (Saba con Hielo) Coolers
Saging Con Yelo Recipe – Isn’t it satisfying to make a delicious dessert snack when all you had to do is mix or layer some ingredients? A refreshing drink easy to prepare to fight the summer heat or in any hot weather is a tasty Saging Con Yelo.
Saging Con Yelo is a variant of Mais Con Yelo. This type of dish originated in Spain. It’s actually called Maiz Con Hielo. It makes use of milk, sugar, ice, and corn kernel. We adopted this dish and made many variants of it, one of which is the Saba Con Yelo, which is what we will be teaching you how to make.
You will be delighted to know that a snack like Saging Con Yelo contains a lot of wellness and nutritional benefits. So don’t think of this as a sinful dessert because it isn’t. Here are some of the Health Benefits from it. There are dietary fibers found in Saba, and these help indigestion. They keep up the motion and flow of our tummies, preventing constipation. Saba is also rich in potassium. Potassium is scientifically proven to reduce the chances of heart attack and stroke. Oranges and lemons aren’t the only fruits with high levels of Vitamin C, and even Saba has it! With enough intake of Saba, your immune system will start improving; your body will fight infections more efficiently.
Now that you’ve learned about all the right nutrients in eating this. You will even be more excited about making it because the procedure only involves, shaving ice and topping things together.
Making Minatamis na Saging isn’t a hassle too, most of it involves boiling and waiting.
Saging con Yelo Ingredients and Procedure:
Here’s how to prepare Saging con Yelo, a refreshing snack on hot summer days.
Saging con Yelo Recipe
- 4 cups shaved ice
- 2 cups minatamis na saging with sago
- ¾ cup evaporated milk chilled
- 3 pcs pandan leaves to decorate (optional)
Prepare Minatamis na Saging:
- Visit our article about Minatamis na Saging Recipe.
Prepare Shaved Ice:
- Put ice cubes in a heavy-duty blender or ice crusher and turn it on.
- If using a blender, press the crush button until cubes are crushed and if you’re using an ice crusher Put ice cubes and press the handle down to shave the ice cubes.
- Repeat process until you have the amount of shaved ice needed.
- Use shaved ice immediately or put in a freezer while preparing your condiments.
Let’s Assemble our Saba con Yelo:
- First, we need to prepare our pandan leaves, cut, trim and arrange in a serving glass.
- Put a half cup of shaved ice at the bottom and press lightly and top with minatamis na saging.
- Cover with another layer of shaved ice and top with minatamis na saging for the last time.
- Pour evaporated milk on top and serve immediately.
Fun Facts about Banana:
Bananas are great pre-workout snacks because they have lots of potassium that aids in maintaining nerve and muscle function during workouts. It can help lower blood pressure and protect heart health due to high potassium and low salt content. Bananas is a known mood enhancer because it contains the amino acid, tryptophan, and Vitamin B6 that helps the body produce serotonin. Check out our article about the Health Benefits of Banana.
Filipino Cold Drink Recipes:
- Mais con Yelo
- Avocado Graham Float Supreme in a Cup
- Mango Sago’t Gulaman Recipe
- Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Recipe
- Mango Banana Milkshake Recipe
- Brown Sugar Boba Milk Tea Drink Recipe
- Strawberry Melon Smoothie Recipe
- Milo Ice Scramble Recipe
- Guinomis Recipe
- Macapuno with Leche Flan Shake Recipe
- Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Recipe
- Ice Scramble Recipe or Iskrambol