Last Updated on
How to prepare Mais con Yelo Coolers
Mais con Yelo Recipe is another excellent refreshment that is so popular during the summer season here in the Philippines. Apart from the famous ‘Halo-Halo’ this is one of the variations of Filipino coolers, in fact, you may usually see this sold along the streets and it’s not pricy which can make a great meryenda or an afternoon snack. In Spanish, Mais con Yelo means “corn with ice”, it is made of corn kernels, sugar and milk then mixed with shaved ice. You may also add a scoop of vanilla flavored ice cream on the top.
Here’s how to make an easy to prepare Mais con Yelo, this can fully refresh and quench your thirst in hot summer days.
Mais con Yelo Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Corn kernels
- White Sugar according to your to taste
- Cornflakes as toppers
- Vanilla ice cream for added flavor (optional)
Mais con Yelo Cooking Instructions:
- Using a Blender crush the Ice cubes then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix and combine evaporated milk and condensed milk.
- Using a couple of tall glass, put-in 2 tablespoon of corn kernels on each glass.
- Put in the crushed ice on top of corn kernels.
- Add-in remaining corn with cornflakes on top of ice.
- Pour-in half milk mixture on each glass then add sugar according to your taste.
- Serve it with long-handled tsps. to stir it..
Refresh every summer with this delicious afternoon snack Mais con Yelo Recipe.