Last Updated on May 23, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to make Yema Frosting
Yema Frosting Recipe – Yema Cake is a trendy Filipino cake and most requested among the cake recipes in our inbox. We decided to experiment with this cake recipe since this is the season where many recipe hunters are also experimenting with the food recipes they want to put on the table for the Christmas celebration.
This Yema Frosting, when frosted on any Sponge Cake, will surely make it decadent and delicious. Yema frosting derived from the popular Filipino milk candy, Yema. It is a chewy milk candy made of condensed milk with egg yolks cooked until it becomes sticky and chewy.
This Yema Frosting version is more creamy but less sticky to make it more spreadable on any cakes. Here is our version of the Yema Frosting Recipe and this is good for 6 Yema Cakes in a tub.
Ingredients and Procedure of Yema Frosting :
Yema Frosting Recipe for Yema Cake
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 can 300ml Condensed Milk
- 1 can 370ml Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsp. Cornstrach
- 1 tsp. Vanilla or Lemon Extract
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- In a saucepan, combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggyolks and sifted cornstarch.
- Mix until no lumps formed or you can strain the custard mixture if you want.
- Cook over low heat, continue stirring until mixtures starts to thicken.
- It takes about 8-10 minutes, it depends how thin or thick you want your yema frosting will be.
- Fire off, add vanilla extract and butter and stir until well blended.
- Let it cool down before using or frosting your cake.
Costing of Yema Frosting:
- 3 Large Egg Yolks P 24.00
1(300ml) Condensed Milk 41.50
1(370ml) Evaporated Milk 25.00
3 tbsp. Cornstrach 6.00
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 1.00
1 tbsp. Butter 3.50
Total Cost P101.00
Yema Frosting when frosted on any Sponge Cake will surely make it decadent and delicious.
No-Oven Cake Recipes: