Last Updated on February 28, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to make Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca
Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca Recipe – Maja Blanca is one of the Filipino favorites, especially during special occasions or the holiday season. It is a dessert made initially of coconut milk. Some prefer milk cream, but locals usually say nothing beats the original. This recipe’s alternative name is coconut pudding or coconut cake.
It has a new twist! Have you heard about Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca? That’s what we are going to feature right now. But first, we will unfold the secret recipe for this delightful snack and dessert.
You may initially feel skeptical about adding some fruit cocktail to your Maja Blanca dessert, which differs from what we have learned from our mothers and Lolas. But, surprisingly, a lot of people embraced this new twist. So you should try it too!
Originally, Maja Blanca is an adaptation of the Spanish recipe called Manjar Blanco. However, Filipinos have distinct creative ways to make it original. The Spanish variation of Manjar Blanco is a milk-based delicacy. In the Philippines, locals usually make it out of coconut milk with a different variant of ingredients.
Some prefer adding cheese, ube, pandan, corn, and a fruit cocktail. It is perfect for any distinct taste buds. Whichever you prefer, you can always create a different twist to this recipe.
Ingredients and Procedure of Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca :
Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca Recipe | Negosyo Recipe
- 1 can 836g Fruit Cocktail, drain and divided (1/3+2/3)
- 1 ½ cups Fruit Cocktail Syrup
- 1 box 200g Cornstarch
- 3 ½ cups Fresh Coconut Milk
- 1 can 370ml Evaporated Milk
- 1 can 300ml Condensed Milk
- ¾ -1 cup Refined Sugar
- 2/3 of a can Fruit Cocktail
You also Need:
- 4 pieces Microwavable Pastry Container with a lid 6x4 or 5x5
- Drain Fruit Cocktail throughly, set aside syrup
- Combine cornstarch and Fruit cocktail syrup
- Mix until cornstarch are completely dissolved
- Pour coconut milk in a large pot over low heat
- Add evap and condensed milk then stir well
- Add 1/3 part of fruit cocktail
- Add Sugar and mix until soft boil
- Lastly, pour in cornstarch-fruit syrup mixture
- Stir continuously until it thickens
- Continue to stir until becomes sticky and shiny
- We need a thick consistency like the one on video.
- You can now turn off the fire, our Maja Blanca is done.
- Transfer immediately into your containers
- Divide into pour and spread evenly
- Top with reserve sliced fruits
- Chill it for 30 minutes before serving.
To Store: Keep it refrigerated and it will last for 2-3 days
Cooking Tips for Maja Fruit Cocktail:
- Drain the fruit cocktail thoroughly because excess syrup may damage the pudding’s texture and make the dish too sweet.
- Avoid bringing the milk mixture to a fast boil; cook it at a simmer to prevent curdling or separation.
- To make the cornstarch slurry simpler to stir and dissolve, add the water slowly while adding it to the cornstarch.
- Buko strips can be used for the cheese shredded for a truly tropical flavor.
- Other fruits can be added as a garnish while the Maja is still warm because as it cools and sets, the fruits won’t adhere.
- Let the Maja cool completely before covering it, as the steam could cause water puddles to form on the pudding.
Fruit Cocktail Maja Blanca Recipe’s preparation is super easy. You only need a coconut milk and cornstarch mixture to create a gelatin-like consistency. Let it boil and keep stirring over a low flame. The usual additional ingredients Filipinos are fond of are the fruit cocktail, milk, and sugar. These add to the rich flavor of this dessert. After placing it on the tray, wait several minutes to let it cool. Then, please put it in the refrigerator to keep its shape and texture.
And there you have it, a delicious and refreshing dessert perfect for any occasion. The fruit cocktail adds fruity sweetness and texture that complements the creamy and silky texture of the Maja Blanca. Serve it to your family and friends, and watch them enjoy every bite.
Fruit Cocktail Recipes:
- Fruity Maja Blanca with Buko Recipe
- Maja Blanca Recipe
- Ube Maja Blanca Recipe
- Maja Kalabasa Recipe
- Fruit Cocktail Graham Float Recipe
- Fruit Medley Salad Recipe
- 4 Ingredients Fruit Salad Recipe
- Yakult Fruit Salad Recipe
- Agar Agar Fruit Cocktail Salad Recipe
- Cream Cheese Fruit Salad Recipe