Last Updated on July 8, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Maja Blanca
Maja Blanca Recipe is a Filipino pudding dessert that is luscious enough to the taste buds. Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Moreover, the eating experience is made more fantastic with a twist. Originally, the recipe is made without corn and milk. However, this twist unveils a new and attractive look and taste that will make a person fall in love with it.
Making the Maja Blanca Recipe is easy and will not cost you an arm to make a delightful dessert. With this, you can make one even on just ordinary days for the family and friends. This Filipino dessert also known as coconut corn pudding is usually served on fiestas and during the holidays, especially Christmas and New Year.
PinoyRecipe.net provides you this Maja Blanca recipe for you to enjoy this native delicacy.
Maja Blanca Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sweet corn kernel
- 4 cups fresh coconut milk
- 1/2 c. grated frozen buko (optional)
Maja Blanca Cooking Instructions:
- Boil thick coconut milk in a saucepan until the oil is extracted and the precipitate forms into a dark brown color. This is called latik.
- Drain the latik from the oil and set aside.
- Grease a 13-inch rectangular dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, blend rice flour, sugar,sweet corn kernels, cornstarch, and fresh coconut milk. Stir in grated buko (if used).
- Boil over slow heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, until mixture is clear for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture into prepared dish and allow to set.
- Sprinkle latik on top. Cool before slicing.
Filipino Recipes Portal Tip: When rice flour is not available, soak 2 cups rice in 2 cups water overnight. Put through blender and process until smooth.
Enjoy this Filipino Maja Blanca Recipe.